Paintings

"The ocean is beautiful" I stare at the painting

"Most of these paintings are done from where my parents live" Ellise smiled fondly

"Do you miss home?"

"So much, but I'll be going back soon. I look forward to seeing my Dad again" she hummed, "I love the ocean. I know it's full of scary things but the beach was my childhood. I would gather shells on the seaside as a kid with my brother. We regularly ate seafood and had bonfires on the beach"

"Sounds great"

"It was magical"

Its been months since that conversation. I stare at another of her works of the ocean.

"Come along, don't doddle" Koji the head of the house urged.

I followed quickly as he lead me through the many halls before finally into a parlor, "The master of the house will be in soon. He wants to discuss some paperwork"

I nod and sit and wait. Life isn't kind. Never is. I can only guess what's about to happen. I guess I could conciter myself fortunate.

Getting caught by slavers was a risk of being a traveler. I just had hoped it nene happened. When the house of Endeavor purchased me I was absolutely terrified until I came to the fierce wings estate.

I see a coffee maker in the corner and decide to make a cup. Bribery could do me some good.

It wasn't long after I made the cup Mr Takami himself came in holding a file.

"I see you've arrived. I'm sorry for all of this. I never thought Enji would buy me a slave. Then again I guess he thought my manor was a mess on his last visit" he chucklrd opening the file.

I placed the cup infont of him before sitting on the couch opposite of the chair he now occupied.

"Coffee? How sweet" he smiled drinking it before his face seemed to light up, "how sweet. You are going to have to teach Koji how to make a cup this good"

I nod not wanting to offend. I've seen plenty of slaves to know talking is the worst idea.

"You aren't mute are you?" He raised a brow

"No sir"

"Sir? Hm, no" he mused lightly looking at the file moving one of the papers to read the one behind it.

"Mr. Takami"

"I am not my father. In polite company I prefer Hawks"

"Yes Mr Hawks"

"Just hawks"

"Ok Hawks" I nod feeling more flustered

"Good good. They don't say anything about your records do they? I would figure enji to do his research before buying but whatever. Tell me yourself who you are" he threw the file on the coffee table instead grabbing his cup to sip at.

"I am (Y/N), I was a traveler before now. Which is why they don't have my records"

"Traveler you say? How peculiar. How did you come to be a slave?"

"I was caught against my will, like most slaves"

"How brutish. Well you're safe now. I sent Tokiyami to town to get you some new clothes. I'll have Koji prepare you a bath and tell you your new jobs"

Of course he won't set me free. Wishful thinking on my part. I nodded and soon was being lead to be cleaned up.

I was given fresh clothes and a nice room. I had very simple chores. Mostly cleaning. Koji handled all the staff but the staff was small at best. A gardener and a chef. Neither of which I got to really talk to since I was kept busy doing laundry and sweeping.