Take care of me

(Someone requested something like the kid keigo. I didn't wanna go full role reversal cause I don't wanna generalize everyone's childhood but I hope that person still enjoys a very caring and supportive Hawks in this one)

Side kick work was exhausting. I wanted to be a pro but the commission never noticed me. No matter how hard I worked or what I did. I put 140% into everything.

This was finally my chance. Hawks himself wanted me to go on patrol with him. I was giddy.

"Hey kid, you ready to go?" Hawks rapped on my cubicle wall.

"Ya. Thank you so much for going on this patrol with me"

"Don't worry about it. It's just a routine patrol. Nothing special"

I hurried after him to the street. We walked and talked for a few hours. People came and recognized him and a few would even recognize me. We were headed back when we stumbled upon a robbery.

"Shit, Hawks is here everyone scatter!" The first goon shouted

"Can't catch us all" another goon shouted

I suddenly feel the world spin. I grip my head in confusion trying to regain my balance but it only got worse. I could hear Hawks saying something. His voice rose to shouts as I realised I was falling and I hit the ground everything disappearing.

I woke up dazed and confused. I was in a bed. A sharp pain came from the back of my head. I reached to touch it but realised my head was bandaged. A squeak of the door alerted me it had opened.

"Hey there kid, you really worried me back there. You suddenly fainted after that villian attack"

"Did they escape" I ask worried

"No" he chuckled, "You should worry less about your work and more about your personal health. Something really bad could have happened if you fainted anywhere else"

"Im sorry...I have been a burden"

"You haven't. Now drink some water. I had a medic look over you and they said you haven't been eating or drinking properly"

"How could they tell?"

"We live in a world of quirks" he deadpaned

"Sorry. I wasn't thinking"

"Stop apologizing. If you really want to apologize then take care of yourself from now on"

"Yes sir. I'll take my leave" I started to get up but he pushed me back down.

"You're staying here for a week or two. I don't want you pushing yourself again and you're no where near the condition to be helping others. I already filed both our time off"

"But sir, you have hero work to do"

"Well then these next two weeks think of me as your personal hero" he smiled, "See? Still working"

"I...ok sir"

"Perfect" he smiled helping me sit up and handing me the water, "Drink a little and then I have some questions"

I nod drinking some. The water soothed my dry throat, "Sir, why are you the one looking after me? My family could, or one of the other side kicks"

"I want to. Now how long has this been going on. I never thought you got too many assignments in the office? You always seemed smiley and energetic"

"A few months ago I guess? I started talking on other people's paperwork. I just want to prove I can be a good hero. I also took over anyone's shift if they got sick or anything. Reiki recently took off the night shifts so I have been doing both the days and nights..."