Broken Birdy (Hawks POV)

(Someone commented about Hawks perspective and I actually want to try to write a whole piece in his perspective so here it is)

Everything hurts. So so bad. I know I'm going to have a giant bruise on my back in the morning. Flying is a gamble right now. I'm so fucking tired... and hungry... and cold. That last guy really dragged me though the mud. Literally.

I smile to myself lightly. I can go to (Y/N)'s. She will take care of me. I'm definitely not going to travel all the way back to my agency.

I pull out my phone and grimace at the cracked screen protector. Of course. I send a message to Koji so he will clock me out.

I stretch my wings and try to gain some air. I manage to gain a few feet only to wobble and crash back down. I hurt...so bad.

I walk dragging myself down the streets until I finally see her apartment. She's only on the third floor. I can make it.

I flap getting some air. Its taking a lot of energy but I can..make it.

I reach out for the ledge of her balcony only to feel that sudden wobble and a sudden pain as a feather snapped from my haphazard flapping. I give one final painful flap barely catching the ledge.

My shoulders and arms hurt. I'm so close. I pull myself up before finally collapsing onto her balcony. I catch my breath and collect myself before lightly tapping on her balcony door.

I feel myself releasing the anxious breath I was holding as she opened the door for me.

I keep telling myself I need to figure myself out. I keep coming here all banged up.

The first time terrified me. I had landed on her balcony to try and catch my breath but ended up fainting. Next thing I knew she brought me inside and gave me food, bandaged me up and even cleaned off some of the grime on me.

I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Once I was feeling better I expected her to ask for some form of compensation, an autograph or money. She didn't ask for anything though. She just let me leave.

Then I had the terror that she would tell the news. They'd pay big money for a story like that. She might even gain her own fame. But nothing.

The second time I said was the last... then the third... then the fourth... now it's a year later and I'm still showing up like a lost dog.

I started talked about it with Koji. At first he said that stuff happens and took no interest. Now he just pokes fun at me saying I'm visiting my girlfriend. Would that make me a terrible boyfriend?

What is wrong with me. Do I like her? Short answer yes. Long answer yes but I have no fucking clue how to communicate that.

She pulled me inside helping me pull off my boots. I shuffle into a hug. Her hugs are so warm and comforting. Her natural scent is also comforting helping me to just relax. I just want to hold her and be held. I want to say sorry for not visiting in a month but that's just cause I haven't been hurt. Would she just let me in if I tried to just visit? I don't want to make things weird.

"Hawks you're covered in mud, let's get you washed up"

I nod lightly and let her lead me to the bathroom. Its kind of funny to me how I can so easily sit practically naked in front of her. It's embarrassing but not with her. I lean my head back letting her clean me up. The warm water feels nice on my sore muscles.

My leg muscles are starting to ache. She is so gentle with me I just want to melt under her touch.

"We should disinfect that birdy. Don't want it to get infected" she motioned to the gash on my side.