Seasonal Rut part 4

37 messages. All from Hawks. He is insatiable. 'Hows work?' 'Is Yoon there?' 'When are you coming home?' 'WiFi password?' 'I miss you'

So many messages. The first 3 hours nothing. Then they have progressively gotten more and more frequent. Now every 5 minutes he is messaging. He has now switched to voice messages.

'Please come home. I miss you. PleeeEeeEeeEEeease'

'It huuuurts. Please kid. Can I at least go in your room?'

'I miiiisssss youuuuu'

He whined and begged. Its only 2, oh what the hell i am set for next week. I make a quick email stating if you want a schedule change to email me because I will be working from home the rest of this week.

Walking in the door I'm greeted with Hawks laying upside down on the couch already recording ANOTHER message.

"Pleeeee- oh. You're home!" He tossed his phone to the side while scrambling to stand upright and greet me.

"Cause someone was spaming me" I roll my eyes.

"I missed you" he smiled kissing my knuckles.

Something was off. He has an air of mischief to him I don't like.

"Uh-huh...so now that I'm here are you good?"

"Mhm" he laced his fingers with mine before turning my hand so he could kiss the back of it.

"I need to put my stuff away from work-"

Feathers grabbed my bag moving it away and taking care of anything they could. I look up at Hawks to see his smile.

"How was work?"

"Boring as usual"

He hummed again moving closer with his wings curling forward.

"You behave today?" I suppress the flinch when his hand started to caress my cheek.

He is always showing affection but usually its towards my hands or hugging or cuddling.

He hummed nodding. His eyes are on me watching me but his eyes aren't intense. They are gentle, almost loving. I can feel the flush crawling up my face.

"Hawks, be good"

"I am" he gave a light pout

"Have you eaten?"

"...no"

"You want nuggets?"

"Yes please"

He bounced on his toes lightly in excitement. I move to go to the kitchen but he still has my hand.

"Let go"

"But..."

"If you want nuggets I need my hands"

"I can wait" he nuzzled the back of my hand again.

As if just to spite him I heard his stomach growl. He flushed lightly and huffed releasing my hand.

I get the nuggets in the oven and sigh. Looking around the kitchen...it seems cleaner? The dishes are all washed too. I was about to say something when arms wrapped around my sides from behind.

Hawks nuzzled his cheek on my neck only to suddenly flinch, "Whats that smell?"

"Hm? I don't know what you're talking about?" I try to look at him confused but his arms only got tighter around me.

"That smells like cologne" he practically growled out.

Although I couldn't see his glare I could practically feel it. Why the hell is he pissed about some cologne...why would I- ah. Earlier today I remember giving one of the interns a hug. He seemed really down.