Gym Rat

(I can't find a fanfic like this so I said fuck it, I'm writing one myself)

"Its going to be weird!!" I tug at my arm but Rumi just kept moving dragging me behind her.

"Come on, its not going to be that bad. You also look super cute in those leggings"

"This is a HERO gym. Everyone is going to be super fit working out"

"What if we see Fatgum? He's not usually super fit? What does that matter anyway"

"All i'll do is run the tredmill"

"No no no" she smiled pulling me inside, "We are doing weights. You have enough endurance"

The gym was huge. A whole aerobics section, a pool to one side, a free weight area and the machine weights. It was insane. Rumi hopped into gear pulling me towards a machine.

"Lets start easy!"

I look at the machine confused. It had a seat that slid on a horizontal. Your feet strapped in place and a straight bar connected to a chain to what looked like a fan.

"Row machine is a good warm up. Get your arms and legs going" she set me up cranking the resistance up to 8, "Going easy" she winked.

I sigh but get started pulling the bar with my arms while pushing away from the machine with my legs. Rumi set up next to me.

I watched the counter for a while but was starting to get bored looking at that. My eyes suddenly caught sight of a bright red. Heading into the open training area to my left.

I try to use my peripherals but get more invested when I hear a solid thud.

Holy shit it's Hawks. He had a basic punching bag. His hands wrapped making solid hits.

"See something you like?" Rumi pulled me from my thoughts

"W-wha- no. Just caught my eye is all" I turn back to her.

"He's usually in the aerobics area, surprising to see him training over here"

"Does he come here often?"

"Would you join me more often if I said yes?" She smirked at me.

I roll my eyes, "No I'm just curious"

"Well don't look now but I think he's putting on a show"

I turn to see him pulling off his shirt and tossing it to the side leaving him in his shorts. His wings were fairly outstretched rather than pressed to his back. He tipped his head back squeezing his water.

I quickly turn away and huff, "None of my business"

She snickered, "I hope you know everytime you look you slow down"

"Shut up" I huff and speed up.

I heard the sounds of punches connect on leather. I tried to ignore it but the red in my peripherals was distracting making me watch but try not to directly.

"Ready to move on?" Rumi started unstrapping her feet.

"Sure"

"Today is leg day!" She announced excitedly.

"Am I going to be able to even walk by the end of today?"

"Probably not"

I get out of the machine before we move on to the leg machines. She set up showing me the whole circuit we would be working.

Soon enough I was set up on what she called the Adductor. It has 2 knee pads that you press your legs closed against. It worked your inner thigh muscles. My problem is the machine faces that same training area. If I didn't know better I'd say Rumi did this on purpose.

I stared at the weights lifting and dropping. Fortunately the equipment blocked my view of the winged man...until he moved to the side now back in view.

He's doing something with a foam tube? He placed it down and layed his thigh on it while his torso was positioned in a plank. He started rolling it up and down his thigh.

That really shouldn't be hot. That movement shouldn't be hot. I have issues. I try to focus on my weights but after 5 minutes a change in movement grabbed my attention yet again.

He moved to sit back setting his calf on the roller instead. He held himself up with his arms behind him while rolling. Dont pay attention to his hips don't pay- fuck i should increase my weight, maybe then I would be distracted enough to stop eyeing him like a hungry dog.

Rumi suddenly taps my shoulder giving a knowing look, "Follow me carrots"

I follow her curiously until I realise we are headed towards Hawks. I start to panic hiding more behind Rumi.

"Hey Mr. Peacock? What are you doing here?" She addressed him

"Peacock?" He questioned raising a brow relaxing back on the ground

"Yeah, peacock. You sure are showing off today" she crossed her arms

"I am just doing a recovery day for the most part" he shrugged

"Well I am about to go do some heavier weight stuff but have a friend who needs help. Any chance you can let them join your workout?" Rumi suggested

I panic more harshly whispering, "Rumi! No no no"

She caught my arm pulling me forward, "She's a bit shy but she's interested in foam rollers. We've been doing legs and could use the recovery and cool down"

"Yeah sure, I have no issues with that" Hawks turned away briefly clearing his throat, "Totally"

"Great, help her stretch for Cooldown too? Ok thanks bye!" Rumi hopped off to the heavy weight section.

(Lazy. Not gonna finish it. Here)