Icarus

Villain AU: heros are villians, villians are heros)

"Hey Shig, can I take another one of those face masks?"

"Yeah, I got another shipment from fans" he tossed me one

"They sure do love to send you this stuff"

"Its nice though" he shook his head, "Im guessing you are going on patrol?"

"Yeah!"

"Well I'm off, good luck and be careful. Night patrol pays well but that's when the real scum come out"

I waved him off as I headed out. Patrol was normal. My problem is dealing with who I could effectively call my rival.

Icaras was a winged villian. He lived in some fantasy that the world would be better without heros; funding could go into other resources like schooling and child services to prevent creating villians. Thus heros wouldn't be needed.

I have been tracking him for months. My eye caught a glimpse of a feather. A red feather to be specific. I raised my guard looking around.

I watch the feather float in the air before starting to dart away. I chase in hot pursuit. This has got to lead to him. I watch carefully ready for a trap, though that wasn't his usual style.

I finally came to a warehouse. Entering I found the birdman himself twirling a feather, "Nice of you to join me"

"Let me guess, join me, blah blah blah dark side has cookies" I cross my arms

He looked amused masking a chuckle, "No no no. I actually have taken quite the interest in you. (Y/N)"

"First name basis huh? Keigo" I glare

"See, this is what I'm talking about. I love this. You know how to quip back"

"What is it you want?"

Feathers came at me suddenly forcing me to dodge, "Don't get me wrong (y/n) I love the enthusiasm but I need you to get out of my way. Its sad to lose a fellow bird but your flames aren't appreciated"

"Sorry bird boy not happening"

I activate my quirk letting any of his feathers around me burn, "You're pissing me off kid. Or should I call you phoenix?"

"Sorry, I don't cater to villians"

"Good thing I have some help"

He pulled a gun before I could even realise. A dart lodged itself into my leg making me panic pulling it out.

"That should cool you off, quirk disabler. Nice what you can get when you have connections. Should last 2 hours. Its American. Amazing work" he tossed the gun to the side, "Now let's fight for real. None of this don't touch me crap"

All I needed to do was draw out this fight. I never knew how weak I could be as he once again slammed me to the floor. An hour of fighting I was exhausted yet he looked like he had yet to break a sweat. Its nice when he still has his damn quirk. I tried turning the gun on him but he was smart enough to only have 1 bullet.

I choked on a cough, my ribs aching. I was sure there were some broken but I couldn't think about that right now. I NEED to win.

My legs shook struggling to stand. I tossed myself towards him throwing my whole body into my punch.

I crumpled as he caught my first, "You are so pathetic right now it's almost cute. You're like a fragile little dove that could be killed with a good smack of a leather glove"

My eyes widened trying to pry my fist from his hand but his grip only tightened dragging me into him. I fought against him but he inevitably won holding me against him. He held both my hands in his one against my chest while the second held my chin steady. My back pressed against his chest so he could hold me still.