We meet again

(I just really wanted a short cute fic. I personally am not deaf but its a really interesting community and culture that doesn't get as much represention. In my Hero we get a lot of theory of HH characters so I wanted to have y/n be deaf. And how I think Hawks would handle it)

I've been saved... again... again... and again by the winged hero. First time was a bank robbery. This last time I was a hostage. I swear I should move to a new city. The only issue I have is I can never thank him.

Hawks dropped down infront of me. He gave that boyish grin and started talking again. All I could do was shake my head and sigh. He did this last time too. He rambled until a reporter shoved me over last time.

I am deaf but no matter how much I try to communicate that to him he doesn't seem to get it. I can't keep his attention to sign to him because he keeps looking away, staring at his hands or the ground. I sigh grabbing his hands making him stop and FINALLY look at me. I place his hands over my ears and shake my head.

He gave such a confused look tilting his head. I sigh heavily letting his hands go and sign that im deaf but he is still confused.

I facepalmed at the thick skulled birdbrain and look to one of the approaching reporters taking their note pad and scribbling it out in big letters

'IM DEAF'

I roll my eyes, "You're lucky you're cute. You've been talking to a deaf girl for a whole minute"

Hawks face turned a bright red as I returned the notepad. I could tell he was SAYING Sorry but SIGNING please.

The reporters suddenly came flooding in. I was quickly moved away from the hero and moved on.

A week later I am chilling at the park. I like just going for a walk. I was about to get up from my bench when red wings suddenly appeared dropping out of the sky. I look up for an incoming villian but nothing.

Hawks smiled sheepishly waving a hand at me.

I raised an eyebrow but waved back.

Hawks started awkwardly signing, "I name H-A-W-K-S"

I fight a giggle watching him try to sign his hero name.

I repeat the sign back to him fixing his S since he tucked his thumb.

"My name is (Y/N)"

His eyes grew big quickly signing me to slow down. I slowly spelled my name waiting for him to nod after each letter.

"I learn ASL language now" he smiled

"Why?"

"Speak with you" he scrunched his face in thought flailing his hands, "Sign"

I felt butterflies. He is learning just to talk to me?

"Why me?"

He sat there trying to find a way to sign what he wanted, "I favorite you" he smiled shrugging.

"You like me?" I shake my head at how dumb this is.

"I know you speak I cute" he smirked over at me.

Even though his signing and grammer is terrible I got the gist rolling my eyes.

"You are cute" I pull out my phone pulling up to add a new contact.

Hawks put in his info and I sent a message.

Me: Better?

Hawks: Much. My sign language is pretty terrible isn't it?

Me: good for a newbie.

Hawks: what i want to say is I like you and want to go out with you.

Me: why me? We can't even talk?

Hawks: I believe in fate. We've met so many times. I find you attractive and interesting. I feel like the red string of fate is trying to pull us together. So what if you can't hear. I can learn to sign instead

I smile at him. He is so sweet.

Hawks: So how do I sign 'Will you be my girlfriend'

I shake my head but sign it to him and he quickly signed it back though much more sloppy and completely failing to do the sign for girl.

I sign yes but he gave a confused look laughing at himself. I nod smiling at just how dumb this is.

Me: I figure I should give the guy who learned some sign language for me a chance

Hawks: it was harder trying to figure out which one you used that one day

Me: what do you mean?

Hawks: I didn't know how many versions of sign there were. I also didn't expect you to use American sign language.

Hawks: want to talk over coffee?

Hawks: text?

Me: Sure.