Demon part 6

He's been studying well. The lad is determined to do well and learn. I have even taught him to help with dinner. He has adjusted and learned about humans extensively and learned a lot about fae.

I can see why my daughter bonded to him now. She's always had a good sense for people. He is loyal and determined. I was scared at first. A demon in my house yet he is a sweet boy.

They've been here near a month but...her condition is getting worse. I rub her back watching her vomit up water weeds. She doesn't have long.

"Mum...please... don't let him see me like this" she whimpered between heavy breathes

Since then she's stayed in her room mostly bedridden. Keigo is getting more and more anxious. It only took a final cord for him to snap.

"Mum...do fae have souls" he spoke lightly hands in his lap

"No, when we pass, that's it"

"Its not fair" he muttered

"Its how it-"

"Its not fair! You're supposed to be immortal!" Tears started slowly trailing down his cheeks

"We're immortal, not invincible" I correct trying to remain composed

"Its not fair!" He gripped his shirt over where is heart is, "She can't die!" He hiccuped

Can't he see i can't do anything to help? I'm useless! I can't save my own daughter! "I know it's not fair! How do you think of feel! My little girl is dieing in the next room before me!" I try not to crying having shed enough tears already

Keigo completely crumbled breaking into a fit of sobs. I gently hugged him trying to be comforting.

"Please, please let me see her" he sobbed

"She doesn't want you to see her this way" I try to soothe him

"I don't care!" His voice cracked awfully.

I've had to put a ward on her door to keep him out. Its what she wants but...my heart is too soft.

He could be her only hope...I remove the ward.

Keigos POV

I hurried into the room seeing she isn't here. I start to look more frantically as mum came in looking equally in shock.

"Where-" i plead

"I don't know" mum covered her mouth looking horrified at the open window

No no no...fuck no no no. The tears are burning trails down my face as I vault the window taking flight. I have to find her. I need to find her. Where where.

Behind the house leads into a forested area. Its hard for me to fly through the trees but I do everything I can until it grows more dense and I have to switch to a mad sprint looking for her.

Blue flames roared to life until Dabi blocked my path, "What you running for?"

"I have to get to her" i shove past him

He kept up annoyingly well, "She wants to die out here you know, are you really going to deny her final wishes"

"This isn't the end!" I take a swipe at him but he dodged

"You're fucking blind. Can't see fae, can't see her condition and now you can't even see how desperate you look"

"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" That's the last straw. I tackle Dabi down managing to strike him in the face, "You know where she fucking is don't you! Lead me to her! Now!"