Fantasy AU

(Think of hero agencies as different kingdoms. Also Hawks is kinda evil)

What use is being a member of royalty if you have no power? I could only sigh into my pillow as the maid opened my curtains letting in the blinding morning light. Sometimes I wished my bedroom was on the other side of the castle so I could get the sunset instead of the annoyance of sunrise. Everything went wrong today starting from that moment when a bird smacked into my window causing me to rise with a start. This was ridiculous. My corset was then tied way too tight followed by my hair being put up and a pin attacking my skull. From pinchy shoes to burning myself on my morning tea I had no luck. 

I finally was able to have some peace in the garden alone. The roses were beautiful this time of year. My father was blessed with a quirk to make the lands fertile. Our kingdom used to be a dry desert until we were able to make it blossom. We were a new kingdom of only 20 years with no real history even started. Unfortunately with great prosperity also came great jealousy from the other kingdoms. We have lived in peace but there was unrest from the other people of the country. Jealousy and hate grew among the kingdoms. I felt like we were on the brink of war. What I hated the most is being the only heir to the throne. 

My mother assured me of my ability but it felt useless. I was quirkless. My mother had the amazing ability to heal with just a touch. The kingdom looked forward to the development of my quirk hoping that I would gain the ability to heal and grow the land. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't do either. I felt powerless only able to focus on my studies of the other countries. The oldest kingdom being Oryath who recently lost their All Mighty ruler. A treaty was made absorbing it into the Totoroki Dynasty. Rumors spread quickly that the youngest prince is in line to inhearet the throne even though he is the 4th in line. Our kingdom fortunately wasn't threatened by them do to their recent merge leaving them vulnerable.

I am drawn from my thoughts by a maid coming with a new cup of tea, "Here you go your majesty" She smiled placing the new cup collecting the old one. 

I smiled waving her off happily drinking my new cup about halfway through it the world started to spin. I look to the castle to see the maid there smiling. I try plead for help but I couldn't get the words out when her skin started to melt away to show a blonde woman. My world faded to black soon after. 

My ears rang as I lifted my head slowly. I was sitting in a dark room tied to a chair. I look around my surroundings trying to understand where I was when I notice a person coming through a door. They held a candle and looked at me curiously. 

"I never imagined they would treat you like this" A man commented keeping the flames illumination away from himself. 

"Are you here to rescue me" 

A chuckle vibrated through his chest, "Why would I do that when we worked so hard to capture you in the first place?" he crouched down dropping his hand letting the candle illuminate his features.

My eyes met the honey ones of the King of the Totus Empire. The adopted son of the emperor he took the throne at 18 only being referred to as Hawks or the Hawk. He almost never showed his face and I only knew of it from a painting that was sent of him when we were 16 and my father was attempting to arrange a marriage which I promptly denied. The empire prospered by leaps and bounds under his rule. He was also our kingdoms closest ally. He wore his usual black trench and slacks. His vest expertly tailored and his white shirt collar perfectly pressed. My heart seemed to clench at the feeling of betrail. He was our most trusted ally.

His cold hand gently wiped away a tear that tried to roll down my cheek, "Don't cry little bird, you may be caged but you can be free once your father hands over his entire kingdom" He had a sickening smirk.