The egg part 2

Hawk's POV

I watched her zoom around the penthouse excitedly. She explored every room curiously. When she got to my room I went to the closet and grabbed out some clothes for her so she wasn't in those scrubs.

I work on getting food made as I hear her leave the guest room and plop on the couch. I went to the living room and felt blessed at the sight. She was cute. My large hoodie was too big on her. She wore shorts and had her legs crossed on the couch. Her arms were wrapped around the egg with her cheek gently rested on it. Her hair all to one side as she cuddled the egg. She never left it. She never set it down or let it go.

I finish up cooking up some chicken nuggets to eat. I was feeling quite lazy and not in the mood to really cook. I took them out to the coffee table and rested on the other side of the couch.

(Y/N) eyed the food suspiciously. I went ahead and plucked a nugget off the plate and ate it. She watched before finally reaching for one but flinched back and went back to just cuddling the egg.

"Something wrong?" I look confused

"I won't fall for your tricks. I've been poisoned before" she hissed.

What the hell were they doing to her in the facility. She really doesn't trust anyone. Even though I have her a place she won't even let go of the egg for a minute. I need to build trust. I take a bite of a nugget then hand it towards her. 

"See? No poison" I smile.

She scrunched her nose "but you took a bite out of it"

I was dumbfounded. How can I just get her to eat? I finish the nugget and grab another this time ripping it in half and eating my half. I handed her the other and she slowly decided to eat it.

Days passed and I felt oddly attached. She made dinner each evening when I got off work. I wanted to hold the egg but she wouldn't let me. Then again I never asked. At night all I could think of was she was just across the hall holding the egg close. Do Hawks mate for life? I don't really know. I just feel so attached. I helped create that egg.

Readers POV

The winged man was apparently a hero from the facility named Hawks. He was my age and was in the program I was supposed to be in. He shared his real name with me being Keigo and tried to keep me comfortable. He gave me food and clothes. There were somethings I never could understand in the house so he tried to explain to them and the outside world.

I grew up in the facility since I was 13 so I missed some advancement in tech but understood most things. The one thing I did know well was how to cook. I learned so I could make my own meals. The facility used to put sedatives in my meals and after a hunger strike, they let me cook. I always felt like a caged animal there but now I feel so free.

We were told the egg should hatch in a week and its been about 4 days. I finish off dinner just as Keigo got home. I cleaned up before going back to my spot on the couch with the egg with my food.

Keigo joined after getting changed. Sometimes I couldn't help but watch him. He had so many expressions. He ate happily. He was handsome and sweet. I am knocked from my thoughts by sudden movement. The egg wiggled about a little bit.

"K-Keigo! I-its-" I fumble excitedly. I grab his hand and set it on the egg so he could feel it move.

He put his food down with his other hand before setting both hands on the egg amazed.

"Can...I hold it?" He mumbled

I felt cautious. Why did he want to hold it? Would he kill it? Take it to the facility? I looked into his eyes but only found amazement at the egg. He was technically the father.

I slowly move it to his lap and sit in front of him so he couldn't stand to leave with it. He held it gingerly, "It's heavier than I expected" he chuckled, "they are gonna be a big guy... do you think they will be born with their wings?" He questioned no one in particular.

I leaned on his knees gently caressing the shell "We'll see"

We ate and he held onto the egg. His wings tried to wrap close around himself but I pulled the one on his side away so I could keep eyes on the egg. He looked at my hand on his wing and moved it around me as well pulling me closer.

I quickly grab the egg and move back to my end of the couch away from Keigo. I felt awkward but decided to just turn on the TV and avoid his gaze.

Sleep came easy. But I had no idea about the man tossing an turning in frustration and regret just across the hall.

The morning was warm. I held the egg firmly and nuzzled more into the blankets. A foreign sigh fanned my face. My eyes shot open to be met with a bare chest and neck. I look up to see Keigo's face craned over me. One of his wings layed over us and his arm draped over the egg. I sit up pulling the egg closer to me protectively.

Keigo twitched waking up. He rubbed the sleepiness from his eye before looking at me, "What's wrong?" His voice was drawled and deeper.

"You're in my bed" I state simply growing more confused

"Hm...so I am. Well can't help it now come back and cuddle" he smirked lazily reaching his hands out.

I huff as heat flooded my features and kick him off the bed. I heard the harsh thump below.

"Careful. My bones are hallow you know" he complained from the floor.

I stifle a laugh till I heard a small crack. I looked down to see a small crack in the egg.

"KEIGO! IT'S HATCHING!" I panic looking at the cracks spreading.

He jumped up looking as well curious and amazing watching the child emerge