Fantasy AU part 2

It had been a few days. I got updates from Hawks and everything was set. Today he was moving me to his castle to prepare for the future wedding. 

"But this on" he commanded tossing a odd wrap of cloth to me.

At further inspection it was a type of over gown. It would cover the slit of the dress and my exposed shoulder blades. I tossed it on before he took me to a carriage. He got in with me sitting across from me.

"I don't want ANYONE else to see you in such an exposed state other than me. Understand that we will be equals in power over state but we must both sign off on legal documents. Finally, you are my queen. I don't believe in mistresses or anything of the sort. We will share a bed and no one else will lay in it" He explained.

I could only nod. I felt awkward as I knew this would be a long carriage ride. A sudden bump drove me forward. Hawks acted quick to catch me.

"Falling for me already my dove" He smiled

"Sorry but no" i tried to sit back but another bump jostled me back toward him before I could even sit.

"Come here my dove, I can assure you I know how to make this a pleasant ride for the both of us"

I sigh and nod only to feel his hand suddenly hike up the over gown. I slap his hand away but he only tugged up to take it off leaving me in the exposing gown underneath.

"Give me back the topper" i reach to grab it but one of his feathers moved it far out of reach.

"You know why a dress with such a slit is handy?" He tugged under my knees forcing me onto his lap in one movement, "you have so much more flexibility that a normal gown doesn't permit"

My face burned and i moved to get off but his hand held my hips in place.

"See princess? Isn't this better? Now you won't keep falling and have a place to rest" he smirked.

I could only look away. He wasn't going to let me leave so I decide to relax there. If we really were to marry then it's better to adjust to these shenanigans since if i do he may even get bored.

I felt the road suddenly get bumpy. I practically vibrated on his lap from the washboard road. My cheeks flushed instantly feeling him under me. I clung to him wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his neck squeezing my eyes shut tight. When the road finally evened out I slowly pulled back and peek at his face. 

His eyes were wide and a tint of red was on his ears. He seemed to slowly come back to reality and moved me to the seat next to him.

My face was flushed and we stayed quiet the rest of the ride. As I slipped my over gown back on.

Once to the castle I was rushed by cutious servants. Hawks quickly wrapped a wing around me shielding me with a growl of warning. I was moved to a bed quarters when Hawks finally moved his wing to free me. The room was lavish with a large bed, a small lounge area, a desk, and even a bay window allowing for a additional seating and a relaxing space.

"Welcome to your new home. The royal wedding is in 3 days. I have a seamstress hired for your wedding gown and she will get your measurements today" Hawks sounded bored.

"Three days?? Is that enough time? We need invites and the dress. What about the reception and food and, and entertainment" I panic

"Dove, i have that handled. You just relax. Get your measurements then take some time for yourself" he gently took my hand, "And if you need Anything, tell me and I'll see what I can do" he kissed my knuckles before leaving once again. I could hear the door lock behind him.