Harry Potter AU

(Quick note. H/H means Your hogwarts house. Hawks is a Griffindor and if you choose to also identify with it mentally make the changes as you see fit) 

I trip my books falling as I took a harsh tumble to the ground. Peeves laughed loudly before flying off seeming satisfied. I dusted myself off sneering at the fresh grass stain on my grey skirt. I reached for one of my books only for another hand to grab it first. My eyes met honey ones that matched his messy blonde locks. He was a griffendor based on his uniform.

"Need a hand?" He smiled. I'd seen him before. He was a popular 7th year. A leading star in Qiddich as a seeker. Everyone just called him Hawks cause of how he was like a bird in the sky. He was a natural on the broom.

"Thank you" I took my book from him noticing his broom.

"I was about to head to practice. Wanna watch?" He winked

I flushed, "Y-you should probably get going. Don't wanna be late" I tucked a loose hair behind my ear

"I haven't seen you before.  Are you new? You are defiantly not a first year. Which house are you in" He looked at me curiously

"Just transferred actually. I went to
(County of choice) school of magic. My family recently moved so I transfered here. I'm in my 7th year in (H/H)"

"Im a 7th year too, come on. Let me show you what Hogwarts is all about" he smirked pulling me to follow him.

I hadn't ever seen much of Quiddich. I knew the idea of it but I wasn't one for sports.

The other players greeted Hawks happily. He told me to hop up into the stands as he took off a pair of binoculars he had hanging around his neck.

"Keep your eyes on me kid" he patted my head before heading out onto the field.

I hurried up to the stands and watched as the players took to the skys. They did a few broom drills before releasing the balls for practice. I gawked distractedly at the players blocking and making goals.

"You missed it kid, that was my best time yet" I heard a sudden voice

I turn to see Hawks hanging upside down on his broom. He smiled holding the little metallic ball in his hand.

"I've actually never seen a quiddich match" I turned back to look at the people around the rings.

"You know how it works right?"

I nod

"You gonna come to the big game on Friday? Griffindor against (H/H) (or hufflepuff if you are a griffendor)" Hawks moved himself infront of me to keep my attention in him.

"I don't know. I'm not really a crowd kinda person" I shy away from him

"Just focus on me. I'll dedicate my win to you"

"You do this with all the girls?" I look up at him.

"Who do you take me for?" He smirked flipping to lay on his broom.

"Good question. I hardly know you"

"Let's make a little bet" he winked

"What kinda bet?"

"If I win AND catch the snitch in under an hour, I get a kiss"

"What do I get?" I laughed

"Hmm. What do you want?"

"Are you willing to sign an empty check?" I smile

"Sure, whatever you want, I'm pretty confident I got this in the bag" he had a cocky smile.

The day of the game he looked irked. He was drenched in the rain. He finally caught the golden orb 2 minutes late.

"Well, let's have it. What are you wanting" he tapped his foot on the stone floor of the hallway

"Meet me in the room of requirement at 9 pm tomorrow night. I'll tell you more then" I pressed a short kiss to his cheek before heading off.

My face burned at the gesture but it made me giddy. He really was sweet and tried really hard. I was almost sad that he caught it too late. Almost.

Time couldn't go fast enough. I rushed down the hall with my backpack on until I came to the room. I stepped in to see Hawks already there.

"So what's up?" He quirked an eyebrow

"I need your help" I set down the bag.

He looked confused but watched. I smiled opening it to show the small blue and green egg.

"Is that?" He pointed

"Its a Phoenix egg. Rare as can be. Im gonna raise it myself but I need help. When they are young they have a habit of being a little...out of control"

"How did you even get one of those, usually they are born out of ash right?"

"I have my ways, if I told you all my secrets it would ruin the fun. Anyway a Phoenix is only born of ash if it dies. This one obviously has yet to even live" I smile

"What do I gotta do?"

"My class schedule is a bit packed. The egg has been moving more and more. I believe it will hatch soon. I want you to tell me when it starts so I can be here and it can imprint on me"

"Ok. Make sure egg mama is here" he gave me a thumbs up.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry to have to ask this. The advanced potions and herbology classes I wanted were both only offered this semester" I smile handing him the egg, "I can take it through 2nd break and if you can take him after that until I get out of class"

"Anything I need to do in particular?"

"Keep it warm. DONT cast any spells on it or I'll kill you. Don't tell anyone about it. I'm already risking trusting you"

"Ouch, ok. I got this. I'm trustworthy"

"Im counting on you. I'll see you here during second break"

Days passed with this system.

(Plop. Not gonna finish)