Hanahaki Disease

Repressing emotion is a talent. And I was highly skilled in it. Which I guess is my downfall now.

The petals were heavy in my palm. My eyes couldn't tear away from the X-ray.

"Im sorry Hawks but I looks like that quirk that hit you last week had more impact than we initially thought" the nurse apologized

"What happens next?"

"Well we have a few theories. We need to know what it is first. Since the strike has anything changed?"

"No, living as normal" I shrug trying to think. I followed my usual schedule.

"Change in diet, exercise or health other than the flowers?"

"No"

"According to your check up 2 days ago you were perfectly healthy. We have one theory but it's kind of a personal question"

"Go ahead"

"Do you Love anyone?"

"No" I shrug

The nurse let out a breath she was holding, "Think it over. Come in tomorrow and we'll discuss your options for treatment"

"What happens if this is left untreated?"

"The flowers will spread throughout your lungs and you will suffocate"

"Ok" I nod, "How long would it take?"

"A couple days? Maybe a week or two. This quirk is fast acting and whatever is triggering it is making it work even faster" she shook her head

"Ok" I nod feeling myself deflate.

I headed home trying to think. Changes in 2 days. Can't they just pull the damn weeds out? I pull my phone out deciding to scroll through the media and do some geegle searches. After finding nothing I decided to start going through everything I looked at the day before.

My hand stopped on a picture. It was (Y/N) this was a photo taken of her and a friend. The way she looked at him made my chest tighten.

Coughs raked through my body. I felt as if I couldn't breathe as petals sputtered out. I sat on the couch to try to calm my fit.

I could only stare at the petals in frustration until I remembered the nurses question. 'Do you love anyone' I've never concitered loving someone or anyone loving me for that matter. My brain was swirling before I finally decided to message her. I at least want to see her. I wouldn't mind hanging after my doctor's visit.

Me: Hey

(Y/N): Hey! How have you been?

Me: Good, are you free tomorrow? After 2?

(Y/N): Sure!

I smile dropping a cafe location.

Readers POV

I straighten my outfit sitting at the Cafe table. I smile seeing a notification from Yuki.

Red Caught my attention seeing the winged man sit infront of me, "Hey, how have you been?"

"Doing good. How about you?" I notice the hospital bracelet around his wrist, "Did you go to the ER?"

"Uh, ya. I had an appointment today but I had an accident and had to go in early to the ER"

"Are you ok? You could have canceled"

"No no, don't worry about it kid. I'll be fine"

"Fine yet you went to the ER?"