Baby sitting

(I took inspiration from one of Nobody_knows1 from Ao3's books for Hawks backstory. You should check it out if you ever get the feeling of reading something kinda sad but great)

I couldn't help but stare at the young child in Rumi's arms.

"Heh, sorry sis. I don't mean to push this off on ya but... im totally pushing this off on ya" she smiled

The ball of feathers was passed out in her arms.

"What is that?" I look confused.

"Remember how I said I planned to hang with that Hawks kid? Well a scared kid accidentally used their quirk on him and now hes... this" she shrugged, "He immediately passed out and hasn't woken up yet but I have a patrol in an hour and desperate need of a baby sitter"

"Is he gonna be ok?"

"Oh ya. Kids mom said Hawks should be back perfectly fine within 24 hours or less. In the mean time though he is not gonna have any idea what's up. His little bird brain is gonna only have the memories from when he was young. Basically reverted back so he's gonna be pretty confused. We told her to keep quiet about this since he's kinda vulnerable and don't want a villian to get him while in this state" she shrugged the kid off her slowly into my arms.

An hour later I was watching TV when the pile of feathery fluff I set on the couch next to me started to stir. I paused the TV to look at him but met scared yellow eyes. He quickly shielded himself with his wings.

"You ok little guy?" I look confused

The little guy shook trying to take in his surroundings.

"Whats wrong? Oh um. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). You're probably confused" I chuckled

I reached out to touch him but his feathers hardened instantly.

You didn't know Hawks personally but he was popular on the news. He was a very chill guy but right now he was so protective and scared.

"Are you hungry?" I offered

His eyes widened behind his wings and he opened them slightly only to tense again.

"W-what would I have to do for it?" He squeaked meekly

I look confused but shake my head, "nothing baby bird"

"R-really" he looked confused and cautious.

What kinda childhood did he have. I grabbed a bowl and filled it with some cherrios I had around and made a pb&j for him to eat and snack on. When I handed it to him he took it timidly before tearing into it as of it was his first meal in ages.

His wings finally weren't around him so I could get a proper look at him. He was a scrawny kid. I couldn't get past the little triangles around his eyes. I always thought that it was eyeliner but apparently it was just his natural markings. He wore his hero shirt that sat at his knees. I decided to go through the clothing Rumi left. She mentioned the lady had a spare set of kids cloths that she offered as compensation. This happened frequently so she tried to be prepared for it. It was a pair of footie pajamas decorated in rubber duckies.

"Can you dress yourself..." it suddenly dawned on me I didn't know what to call him. I can't call him his Hero name cause he has no idea he is one later, "Um, what's your name?"

"Keigo" he curled into himself looking to the floor. It was as if I scolded him, "Keigo Takami"

I mentally screamed at how adorable his name was. Was that seriously his real name? Something about it seemed strangely familiar "Well Keigo I have some PJs here for you too change into. Can you change yourself?"