Caged Bird

(I had a request)

My body aches. I try to pry a eye open but my lids feel heavy. My tongue feels like lead in my mouth. This is an usual feeling but right now? It's different. Enhanced. This isn't exhaustion but something more.

I finally pry my lids open and look around. I'm in a small room. I'm in a...cage? Why the fuck am I here.

Ok retrace my steps. Last night I was at the bar. I had a few drinks.

I remember a woman started talking to me. We chatted and then...shit I can't remember much after that.

The door across the room opened and I tensed. I try to use my wings but only a faint beep sounded.

"Hey there pretty bird" the woman entered, "Glad to see you're awake. I was starting to get worried"

I go to speak, question, anything but my mouth feels numb. I make a garbled noise and cringe feeling my jaw slacken and spit run down my chin. I try my wings again only to hear that mocking beep again.

"You'll feel better in a bit. It just takes time for the drug to work through your system" she hummed sitting infront of the small cage.

Now that I look at it its like a large bird cage. This isn't good. I try a single feather but a sudden zap of electricity coursed through me. I could feel my wings when they felt the shock, limp behind me.

"Aw. You don't want to use your wings birdie. I have quirk cancelers on them" she cooed reaching through the bars helping me shut my slack jaw, "I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime you sober up ok birdie?"

She left me to my thoughts. God I feel sick. I spent hours just trying to think, remember. I've been drugged. I have no use of my quirk.

I have to escape. Without my wings i have no chance. But I know one thing for certain. These cuffs have a battery life.

I grip the cage bars to brace myself for the pain to come. I then move my wings. A beep sounded. A second time followed by another beep. I brace myself for the third feeling the painful shock.

Once I felt OK again. I went again. And again. And again.

Readers POV

I look at my bracelet watching the light on it blink. Over and over again. He doesn't learn does he? The blink grew fainter and fainter but they were more spaced out each time.

By the time it dies he'll be too worn out to move. Plus the drugs effects are enhanced by Electric shock so he really is only making it worse for himself.

The light finally fizzled out and I headed to the room. He is leaned against the bars looking pitiful, "Why the look? You tired birdie?"

He looked up at me weakly. He flexed his wings but didn't have the strength to lift them as expected.

I unlock the small cage watching him try to stumble back, "ba- way" he slurred

I smile reaching around him to undo the cuffs, "If you wanted them off you could have just told me"

He glared at me but relaxed once the cuffs were off. I thread a hand through the newly exposed downy plumage watching his whole body tense as he bit his tongue.

"They are softer than I ever imagined" I straddle his lap locking him in place with my thighs.

I continue to pet the small sensitive feathers watching him start to lose it. He finally groaned tipping his head back. He started shaking gripping my shoulders.

He clenched his teeth with furrowed brows weakly pressing my shoulders. He is trying really hard to keep quiet. I switch to lightly scratching with my nails

He let out a strangled moan followed by a few whimpers reclenching his teeth. A bit of drool escaped the corner of his mouth while his nails dug crescents into my shoulders.

"What's wrong birdie? Use your words"

He whined softly, "Please, sto-p"

I put a new power cell in the cuffs before reattaching them. I felt him go limp in my arms fainting.

Hawks POV

I don't know how long I've been here. Today is different though. Sometime after a meal she opened the cage for me. I followed her but now I'm thinking the cage is better.

"No no no. Please no" I squirm feeling tears sting my eyes.

"Shhhh. Stay still birdie" she managed to get the other cuff clipping it tightly to my wrist, "let me help you"

"I CAN WASH MYSELF!" I hold my jacket closer around myself

"You don't know how to work the nobs"

"I'll figure it out!"

I hunch in the warm bath feeling all too exposed covering what I can of myself.

"See, that wasn't so hard" she cooed shampooing my hair for me

I grunt in frustration staring at the cuff securing me to the tub. It had a longer chain which let me move around more but that was it.

"Oh I know, you'll get that off soon" she washed out my hair.

It felt good but too...intimate. Why has no one saved me yet? Is the commission even looking for me?

"You're such a good boy"

Wait...what? I look up to meet her gaze.

"You are behaving so well" she smiled

That is...why does that make me feel good? I've been praised before...right? Yeah I know I have. Its just different I guess.

"You ok birdy?"

I nod absently

"Well I'm done. Ready to get out?"

A fluffy robe and comfy clothes later and I feel like I'm in heaven.

Im back in the cage but...its filled with pillows and blankets. She is preening me. I lean back against the bars. Oddly feeling better than I should.

"Good boy birdy. You're so cute"

I feel a odd noise slip past my lips. A coo? Chirp? Something more bird than man. A trill? God the commission hates that. I flinch waiting for the attack. If she'll hit me, or yell at me.

"Aw. That's so cute" she pet my hair while cupping my cheek.

Wait... its cute? She likes that? I do it again and she smiled so gently at me I want to melt. Once I started I couldn't seem to stop vocalizing little trills and chirps. Its embarrassing, beyond embarrassing, but feels freeing at the same time.

She finished preening and lightly caressed my cheek, "My good boy"

I tense at the contact but try to relax more. I keep my guard up. I don't know her goal but...it can't be good. She did kidnap me.

"Easy birdy, easy" she spoke softly

"Why am I here?"

"So I can care for you" she rested her forehead against mine

"What does that mean?"

"You didn't take care of yourself so I'm going to" she settled herself on my lap again. I wanted to panic but her touch is...grounding.

"But i-"

"I saw the news, your tired eyes and weak body. You were being over worked"

"Im suppos-"

"You're supposed to take care of yourself" she kissed my forehead

"Then can I go home?"

"This is home birdy"

Sadly...enjoy the idea. I like the idea of being cared for. I don't think anyone has ever held so much concern over me. This still isn't right though. Yet I stay...I stay despite knowing I should fight. Stay where I'm warm and cared for. Where its claimed more a home than any "home" I've ever had.