Omegaverse Part 1

Purity was such a lame name. I mentally cringe every time I get called out. Being a hero was so much more though. I was an omega yet a hero! The first one and a inspiration to other omegas. We were considered rare not due to low population as much as most omegas never left home. With a 60% beta population and 20% omega and Alpha the world was scary for us in this superhuman world. The world is considered too dangerous for us. I couldn't help but smile at the gaggle of fans many of them explaining i helped them get the courage to live normally as omegas.

I was purity the healing hero. I could heal but it was at my own expense to my energy. I could also transfer my wounds onto others. I usually worked on rescue more than villain work but today was different. I convinced my agency to get me into the villain scene to act as support and get my name more out there. If a Omegan hero helped take down villains it could change the way Omegas are seen. I was a low level hero but known more for my sub gender than my quirk.

I made it to my meeting place in a small Cafe a few minutes early. It was already almost 2 yet my day had just begun. The smell of coffee filled my lungs filling me with a feeling of warmth. It shouldn't be long till my partner for the day came in. My agency made a deal with Hawks agency for us to work together. It would guarantee my safety. My agency thrived off of having an Omegan hero but refused to let me do too dangerous of jobs. They have no faith in me.

I feel eyes on me before an alpha plops into the seat in front of me.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing here? Why don't you come along and I'll treat you real nice"

"Think I'll pass" I get real tired of Alphas. They either want a good fuck or to take care of me like some doll or trophy.

"Come on sweetness, promise I won't disappoint. Don't you need a strong Alpha in your life?"

That hit a nerve. I stood and dumped my ice tea on him before heading out. As I reached the door I realise Hawks is standing there questioningly at the interaction he just witnessed. I grab his collar shoving him out of the cafe with me.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm purity the Omegan hero" I reach my hand out to shake.

He took it shaking while scratching he back of his head, "Nice to meet you, you have a lot more spunk then I expected, what happened back there?"

"Just another Alpha, nothing to worry about"

We started walking the street patrolling, hours passed till conversation drifted.

"You know I've never actually met an Omega. Do you mind if I ask some questions? I've heard of them but even if they make up 20% of the population you never see them"

"Many hide. A lot of them die if they don't. That population is technically all diagnosed. That number drops each year"

"Die? How?"

"How do you think? Alphas, childbirth, rape, abuse. Once the first heat we practically have a target on our back for things like sex trafficking. Even if they do live normally if they get a Romantic partner who is an alpha they can accidentally kill them in rut."

"I guess i never thought about it" he shrugged losing his more carefree attitude from a second ago.

That's the problem" I sigh.

"Are things better with the new drugs though?" He questioned.

"Yes and no. Heats can be random. Things like pills can help and it makes the birth rate lower and in many situations abuse rate lower but it isn't a sure thing. It can be expensive and not all Omegas have access. Heats can be intense and pain so bad the omega decides life just isn't worth it. But it can also cause depression, the stigma of omegas make it hard to get a job or a good romantic partner. Some don't think it's even worth it to try it"

"Were you able to find one?" His tone was curious.

"One what?" I raise an eyebrow

"A romantic-"

I watched a man grab someone into an alley. I quickly bolted that directing Hawks following.

"Woman just got grabbed. Fly to the other side of the alley and cut them off" I ordered. What kind of villain would abduct a woman in broad daylight like that.

Hawks was gone in a flash before I caught up to him blocking off the villain. He held the woman with a knife to her throat.

"Let's take it easy now, wouldn't wanna hurt her pretty little neck" he pressed the knife drawing blood, "I was right to see the Omegan hero is here. This must be my lucky day"

"Let her go. If your beef is with me then don't get an innocent involved" I shout to the low life.

I watched a few of Hawks feathers dart knocking the knife from the man's hand. The woman quickly ran to my side shaking.

"Odd to see she is working with someone like you. My luck keeps getting better" He glared at Hawks as a smirk tugged at his lips.

"Good luck" he threw a dart towards the woman. I acted quickly catching it before it could hit her but felt a sudden sting in my wrist. He ghosted a second dart so I didn't catch it. He laughed before throwing down an odd hole and jumping down it. Hawks lunged for it but it closed as Hawks hit the ground.

The woman cried apologizing which I smiled telling her it was my duty as a hero to protect before sending her back on her way. Hawks stared at the dart in my arm before pulling it out. The needle was fine leaving barely a pinprick where it was.

"It seems fine but I have no idea what this was tipped with. We should take you to the agency and have this tested" he looked at the first dart noting the difference they had.

The agency couldn't find anything wrong. And there was no point in heading to a hospital. Hawks quickly received quite a tongue lashing from my agency since I was not supposed to be harmed in any way.

The day was finally done and I smiled shaking hands with Hawks again, "Thanks for the opportunity to work with you. I'm sorry for the trouble you got in. My agency is just protective"

"It's fine but any chance I can make it up to you? Why don't I treat you to dinner?"

Food would be nice as the day had gotten late as the sun was setting and I do feel bad for my agency being mad from a pinprick. I smile and nod. Maybe I could get to know him outside a professional manner.