Hearts

(The quirk department has issues)

"Hawks got hit with a quirk!" Spearman looked panicked

"Calm down. I said I'm fine" Hawks came into my office looking frustrated, "Do I look like I'm affected?"

I sigh, "What was the quirk?"

"We don't know"

"Has he had a physical?"

"I said I'm fine" Hawks groaned

I stand up from my seat, "This could be dangerous for you and others. We need to know so we can treat you properly for it"

"I don't feel any different" he shrugged, "I feel fine, no physical changes"

I walk up giving a general inspection. He looks fine. That's until I met his eyes. A pinkish hue glowed in them I've never seen before. Then again his visor is still on.

"Hawks what color are your eyes?'

"Yellowy? I think. Media likes to say golden but I think more amber personally" he shrugged

"Not pink" I question

"No?"

It happened all in one moment. Hawks pulled out his phone and lifted his Visor. I tried to stop him but our eyes met.

The pinkish hue was literal hearts in his eyes and they faded more as we locked eyes.

"Hawks put your visor back on!" I put my hand over his eyes all too late by this point.

His visor back on the pink glow was also gone.

"Did... did you fix it?" Spearman looked confused

"Told you guys I'd be fine" Hawks shrugged with a smirk swiping my hands away and pulling his visor off to prove his point.

"Its seriously gone" I check again surprised, "How do you feel?"

"Im A-ok. No need to worry your little head off" He shrugged.

He went to his office and I filed a quick report. Something is still off about this. I don't trust him but Hawks wouldn't lie about his condition.

It wasn't till the end of the work day I got a sudden email. I have to fill out a full week's report TONIGHT??? What the hell?? Who authorized this bullshit?

I work late into the evening frusterated seeing everyone heading home. I have to be the last person in the office at this point.

That's until Hawks comes in, "Hey Chickadee, what are you still doing here?"

"Have a report to finish, should be done in another hour or so" I pay him no mind focusing on my computer

"Well you don't need to worry about the report"

"What?" I decide to look at him to show my frustration

"You can get it in tomorrow" he stood infront of my desk leaning his hands on the desk peering down at me.

"Its better if I get it done now" I finish my page i was working on and stretch my hands

"I have a more important job for you"

"Oh?" I raise a brow

"Yeah, you see i have a little bit of a problem"

"What is it, maybe we can trouble shoot it"

"Not that easy an issue" he started sliding his hand around the edge of the desk as he walked

"Can't be that bad"