Comfort

(Request+I feel like it. This one is short. Cause author-chan is personally stressed and an anxiety ridden mess)

She bottles it. I can see it. I can hear it. Its seen in how tensely she holds her shoulders. Or how her hands twitch. How she will chew her lip or shake her hands.

Her eyes scream it everytime I get close and her voice gets that unmistakable quiver when I catch her off guard.

It makes sense. I don't blame her. Stress gets to everyone. But this anxiety over it is what is going to kill her. She was unceremonious when she left the meeting last night. When she came in this morning I could see the slump to her shoulders.

Thats when I did something I shouldn't. I know its rude to intrude on others lives but...I am a trained spy. A single feather hidden in her office is all it took. Late in the evening as almost everyone was gone I heard the first crack of a sob.

The sob was light, delicate. Sounded as if she was scared of the sound itself as it seemed to fracture more. The smallest sniffles and whimpers.

It was her own mini breakdown away from the world. I can't help but want to comfort.

She's been there for me on many occasions. I don't call us lovers, not even friends with benefits. Our office romance is less sexual and more platonically romantic in nature. 

Our exchanges are a hand to hold, light kisses on the forehead and the warmest hugs. She has held me while I seemed to lose my mind while I have kissed her forehead while lightly complimenting her when her self esteem was critically low.

Now I sit by the door to her office debating on crashing her pity party of one. Is it selfish if I do so? What if she just needs the time alone?

My body moved on its own though as I lightly knocked on the door before coming in. I watched her frantically try to wipe her face but paid no mind as I kneeled infront of her to take her hands while she sat turned at her desk.

"Look. I can't say its going to be ok. Or that everything will be alright. But I can say that this is but a single moment, and time keeps moving forward. All time will eventually pass good or bad"

I sit by while she seemed to steel herself. She's building a wall between us...that's fine though.

"I'll do whatever you need of me, want to go out and forget about all this I got the bill. Need someone to scream and yell at, I can take it. Need someone to hold you. My arms and wings can be your own little haven. And if you need me to leave? Say no more and I won't even mention it"

I was nearly bowled over when she hit the ground infront of me knocking the chair back to drop into my arms. I recovered quickly wrapping her in a squeezing hug while she broke down against me.

In this moment...I feel as if I'm the only thing holding her together. It feels powerful, but my heart aches that this situation came.

I wrap my wings around us forming our own little cocoon while she sobbed. The cries weren't even sad, they sounded painful. Each one as if it was a scream ringing out in the choked up form of a tear.

I never researched it personally but I always found tears beautiful...because I think they are when your brain is filled with chemicals. And its that moment that its too much so it releases them all at once in the form of tears. Its why tears of joy are so happy, Tears of sadness are so powerful, and tears of distress hurt so much.

Every ounce of me wants to ask her what has caused this. Was it someone in particular? Was it maybe her workload? Maybe its family stresses. For all I know she is hiding something about herself and its tearing her apart.

I won't ask though. Instead I'll let her come to me. I'll hold her as much as she likes. Let her cry until she feels she is done spiraling, and cheer her up when she's ready.