Demon part 4

(Oof, being a writer and an artist I have a vivid imagination. Which means I have vivid dreams; but with dreams come nightmares. Enjoy a reoccurring nightmare. Only instead of being alone we have a support Keigo. It's why I haven't been writing. Nightmares suck)

"My feet hurt!" I whine

"Its only been 4 miles"

"Your feet hurt which is why mine hurt"

"What do you want me to do about it?" She sighed

"Take a break, rest up?"

"Fine, only for 20 minutes though"

I plop down next to a tree, "perfect"

She smile looking at something across the way

"What are you looking at?" I raised a brow

"Pixies"

"I don't see anything"

"You don't have the sight like I do. So you can only see the fae who wish to be seen"

"Well that's not fair" I scoff

"Its a blessing and a curse"

"I wanna see too" I squint trying to focus hoping to see what she was looking at.

"Come here" she smiled pressing a thumb between my eyes, "Now don't blink. Remove the ruby sheen that blocks your vision, let you see what I envision"

I look confused until I notice movement. Small winged creatures fluttered across the way. Now that I look there are many creatures that surround us. A sloth like creature covered in braided cords, a salamander with intricate markings scurrying away. Even snail like creatures that glowed a florescent blue.

I blinked and it all disappeared again, "Wait, where did it all go?"

"Is still here, you just can't see it now"

"Is there a way for me to see it more permanently?"

"Getting greedy?" She mused

I flush lightly, "maybe"

Readers POV

I can't help but smile watching Keigo fiddle with the new piece of jewelry. It used a lot of my power to enchant it with sight but it's worth it to see his awe at the various fae. I enchanted a necklace. More a piece of leather that held one of his own feathers on the end.

Im tired now though. I just need to find the portal. It shouldn't be far. I can smell the dew in the air. It's nearly 3pm meaning the gate will be opening soon.

I finally come out of the forest into the clearing. I smile noticing an old friend. The usual keeper of the gate.

"Giri, how are you?" I hum approaching him

"I am well. I see you have returned to use the bone forest gate, bone mage"

"I humbly request you don't refer to me as such, may I request you travel with me?"

"You know I can't. I'm sure you'll be fine" My anxiety spikes just thinking about it, "the forest howls with the winds. If you watch now you can barely see into it"

Keigo moved closer to me mumbling, "Whats that thick mist?"

I look off toward the forest. It's covered in a thick mist. Covering what hides inside. A harsh wind picked up blowing the mist momentarily.

I can see them. The bodies floating off vines meer shadows at this distance but haunting none the less.

"Where are we?" Keigo murmered