Paintings Part 3

Its late in the evening but I can't seem to sleep. We didn't get back till late with an entire wardrobe of stuff. I don't think I've ever had someone spoil me like this. Is he expecting more of me?

I fiddle with the necklace he gave me. It is a locket. Of course there are no pictures inside. When I said that though he just smiled at me and said something like 'Well when you find something you want close to your heart you can draw it and put it inside'

Something close to my heart...before I was captured i had already left my family behind. I had a few friends but...no one close. Ellise was the closest yet even she was held at arms reach. I married my craft and never stayed anywhere long enough to put down roots.

I guess now I'm forced to stay in one place a new opportunity to connect to people is here. I can't imagine doing so though. I would rather keep everyone just far enough away... that way I won't get hurt when something happens.

A hand landed on my lower back nearly making me jump out of my skin, "Can't sleep?" Keigos voice is soothing as he turned towards me getting my attention.

"Yeah" I take momentary comfort in his closeness.

A soft rumble came from the distance before a light Pitter patter of rain stated, "Looks like its going to storm out" keigo looked out the window i previously was staring out.

The moon hit his features beautifully. I want to draw him. I want to paint him again in this low light and highlight his gentle features.

When I painted him at his desk he had a look of a strong man, hard at work. His face was focused but not hard.

Here though, he has a near doughy expression that makes me feel like this moment could go for eternity and I'd be safe.

His eyes peeked over at me first before he turned his head to meet my gaze, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just fine really"

His hand moved from my lower back up to my upper back and I moved without thinking. I took the half a step forward to slot myself against his chest.

He didn't hesitate a second to wrap his other arm around me holding me lightly, "Are you afraid of storms?"

"Im not much for the thunder" weather that is true or not doesn't much matter in this moment. I don't much care. He is warm and I oddly feel more than content here.

After a few minutes he seemed to know I had no interest in moving and hooked his arms so they circled my lower back more casually.

The rain started to come down more so I could hear it echo the near empty estate. Besides that it was quiet and I realised I could faintly hear his heart beat in his chest.

It makes me wonder, what is truly close to his heart? What could he hold so dear? He could have anything he wanted. He has prestige and money, the only family who is above him is the Totoroki family. Though that is also for their lineage. His roots don't seem that deep. I have yet to even hear of his parents, no signs of him courting women or looking for a family.

He's alone... just as I was. Does he hold anyone else this close? Has anyone else listened to his heart beat as rain pours. Seen the look he has when all is calm.

Its not the same look he has with others. His carefree looks that are nearly spot on. He looks like he is gliding on life on his very own wings.

I see something very different tonight though. His shining eyes seem to glow in adoration. His face relaxed with the smallest smile.

Wind ripped against the building and the rain seemed to pour now, "We should head to bed" he leaned back but kept his arms in place, just enough to look me in the eye as he spoke. He is still so close, our noses only half an inch apart, "Could be quite scandalous if we were caught like this" he chuckled