His Assistant Part 4

I could only smile at my desk for my new permanent employment. It was the second week and I just finished hawks scheduling when he came in running a hand through his messy locks.

"Hey, as you know we have the Hero Gala tomorrow. We need to make sure we are set for that. Can you get me a suit fitting? Also, we need to find something for you. The attire is formal so long dress. You also are representing this agency now too so we will need to get you something that will obviously show who you belong to" he seemed to stare to the floor as one boot kicked at the ground. His eyes flicked to meet mine every so often before they would return to the short carpeting.

"I'll get things done right away Hawks" I fit a few documents on my desk before slipping them into their proper file.

He left silently. It wasn't long though until I noticed a red feather squeeze under the door and into the room. He's done this for weeks. I notice it every time since it is a BRIGHT RED feather but I always pretend not to notice. He'd usually do it in 2 cases, he started getting lonely in his office so I usually bring him water or something during this time and talk to him or he is about to go on patrol.

Judging by how he just visited my office if say he went out on patrol. I check the time deciding I'll give him 2 hours. I always waited until he returned safely from a patrol. I'd even help dress wounds. They were usually minor scratches or bruising. A few times he has had more major gashes but nothing horrible.

I worked until my fingertips felt numb. I stretch back when I hear a heavy thump in Hawks office. I scurry in to see Hawks kneeling on the ground. His feathers seemed scattered and he held onto his ankle.

"Are you ok?" I kneel to his level looking at him holding his ankle

"Do I look ok?" He snapped looking frustrated. His lip was busted and it looked like a nasty gash in his cheek.

"Well, no, but I figured I'd ask" I could only defend.

He sighed before flinching in pain "its fine...can you patch me up?" He refused to make eye contact with me

"Ya, ill get the medkit" I started to stand but his hand grabbed my sleeve

"I...I don't think we can go to the hero gala" he looked sad

"Why not?" I kneel back to his level and move to look him in the eye.

"Kinda busted my money maker" he joked and tried to smile but sneered at his busted lip in pain.

I wanted to help. I could at least a little. I sigh and kiss my fingers before pressing them against his lips. He looked at me suddenly confused and flushed. I ran my fingers over his mostly healed lip and he moved my hand feeling for himself.

"Thanks... why haven't you used this before"

"it's embarrassing. Most you get usually is just cuts and such so you usually don't even need this treatment. I am not willing to completely heal you but I can do this much" It was my turn to flush as I avoided eye contact.

"Why not heal me fully?" He looked confused.

"I'd rather keep our working relationship professional" I tried to keep my composure.

"Do you not find me attractive?" His wings slumped

"No no" I flush trying to explain

"No?" He had a devastated face

"I mean, Hawks you are attractive" I flush trying to explain myself

"Then why not heal me fully?" He looked confused

"Cause then I'd have to kiss you" I elaborate

"So?" He rolled his eyes

"Well, I...I haven't ever done it to anyone but family before... and even then I've only kissed on the cheek..." I felt myself losing my words

"You're 22 and haven't had your first kiss?" His surprise radiated in his tone

I only shook my head looking to the floor. If only it would just open up and swallow me whole. My ears burned and I just wanted to curl up from embarrassment.

"Not even your boyfriend?"

"Never had one..."

I felt Hawks finger move to my chin to lift my head. He smiled softly and ran his thumb across my jawline before gently running it over my lower lip.

"Well, I won't force you. But promise me you'll share your first kiss with someone special, don't let anyone take it" His carefree smirk appeared before he stood up a little wobbly followed by an awkward chuckle, "can I get the same order of healing though?"

I smile and kiss his cheek gently. His wounds healed only leaving a few minor bruises and his ankle a little swollen, "Thank you Hawks, your suit appointment is at 5 so you should probably get headed out"

Hawks POV

I couldn't get her out of my head. I felt so possessive at this point. I even fucked up talking to her this morning in glad she didn't seem to catch it. Where she kissed my cheek I could still imagine the feeling of her lips. Even the peck she gave was soft. I want to steal her first kiss and her last. My suit was done and I leave the shop.

A shiny gown caught my eye. A dress shop was just across the way. A peek wouldn't hurt, could it? I enter and a woman smiled.

"Anything I can help you with?"

"Yeah, actually. I need a dress preferably red with maybe gold or yellow. If it could have feathers or wings in it as well"

The woman got to work and gathered a few gowns shoeing them off. Too sparkly. Not enough red. Too sexy though I'll store that thought for later. Finally, it came down to three.

The first was a simple dress. It was red but had wings at the back of the straps. The aline cut with scallop edges still felt boring.

Next was a gown that nearly took my breath away. It was embellishmented with beadwork and embroidery. The back was covered in a thin material that made it look bare while wings decorated the sides. The asymmetric bodice seemed to swirl as if the feather work hugged the body. The dress would need a crinoline but it was still manageable. Only I found it was only offered in baby blue and white.

Finally, I was offered a new solution. A bodice piece that was like wings. They wrapped around the body to fit with a hollow feather pattern. It was a shining gold. With this, I could have her toss it on any red formal dress. I bought it without a second thought.