Caretaker Part 2 🍋

Living here wasn't hard. I ended up moving my stuff in. This place seemed so...empty. Everything was for a purpose, not any decor. Hawks went back to going to work. It was like having a roommate. A very clingy roommate.

I was basically living there for free and he'd pass me some cash for whatever I wanted.

"I just don't get it" I stare into my drink.

"Sounds like you got a sugar daddy" my friend commented.

I just about spit take at the accuracy of the statement, "Am I seriously a sugar baby now?"

"Sounds like it, rich dude wanting you to live with him. Have you slept with him?"

"No! God no"

"Why not? He is hot. He's even our age. You got a sweet deal going for ya"

"I don't know. He's been acting weird lately" I traced the rim of my glass with my finger absentmindedly.

"What kinda weird?"

"He would usually be pretty clingy but lately...he's been kinda distant"

"See this is boyfriend territory"

"He's not my boyfriend. He's like a...a roommate"

"A roommate that pays for everything"

"You're not helping" I pout

"Talk to him if you're so bothered by it"

"I think I just need a hit of Oxytocin" I laugh

"I got an idea"

"I never like to hear those words"

"No no, it's good. You know Present Mic?"

"Ya?"

"Got a friend. Says he needs someone to chat with. Why don't you take him home and stir up some drama? See how your bird friend reacts?"

"I don't want to drag someone into my problems like that"

"Better idea! I dress up as a guy and you take me home"

"Stop with the bad ideas. Just come over tomorrow and we can watch a movie in my room"

"Fine" she laughed.

The following evening Hawks came in as usual looking tired.

"Hey, I have someone coming over this evening, figured I'd give you a heads up"

He waved me off while making himself some chicken nuggets. I got a few movies ready when I heard the doorbell. Hawks got there first as I approached.

"Who the hell are you?" He sneered at the person.

"People call me Keith" they responded.

I watched my friend dressed in drag come in. My jaw about dropped.

"There ya are baby. Missed you" 'Keith' purred with a wink.

Hawks looked more than irritated. I noticed his eye twitch before he walked over to me, "We gotta talk"

He pulled me into his room and shut the door, "What the hell, you're being rude to our guest"

"WHAT THE HELL? What the hell is going on, who the fuck is he?? You can't have a boyfriend"

That struck a cord, "What are you talking about! Of course I could have a boyfriend. Who do you think you are!"

"You are supposed to be acting as my mate while you're here" he growled pinching the bridge of his nose.