Mochi.

[ IMPORTANT ]

[ IMPORTANT ]

English is not my first language, so I am already apologizing in advance for any grammatical errors, I hope this doesn't stop you from reading!

I will be using She/Her pronouns in the story, I'm sorry to any nonbinary person who might be reading this (though I doubt anyone will read this book lol) I'm still getting the hang of using they/them pronouns, again, I hope this doesn't stop you from reading.

*Demon slayer belongs to Koyoharu Gotoge

*None of images used here are mine unless stated otherwise

The symbol "☆" means change of POV

Underlined words means they are being said in japanese.

* UNDERAGE LOVE-INTERESTS ARE AGED-UP

       •────────✦❅✦────────•

You know, I really loved reading those fanfics where the protagonist ends up in another world.

But... I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO BE IN ONE?!

Ok, keep calm Y/N, everything is fine, you're just alone in a random forest where you have no idea how you even ended up in.

What's the last thing you remember? Right, you were going to sleep after bawling your eyes out from crying when you finally finished the demon slayer manga...everything is black after that memory.

Am I really stuck in here? What do I even do then?! I have absolutely no idea of how to survive in the wild! I won't be able to live a day in this forest!

Also, I'm hungry-

I didn't had dinner last night, from what I remember at least, but knowing myself, if I try to look for food I will probably eat something poisonous in less than one hour.

However, as though an angel descended from the sky, a gentle voice pulled me out of my existential crisis.

"Are you okay?"

Oooh! A human, so I will live!

Except, I have no fucking clue about what he said just now.

I can assume that he's speaking in japanese, but it's not like I can understand him!

However, the fact that he's speaking in japanese turned to be into the least of my problems when I raised my head to face him, only to see a big ball of sunshine.

That burgundy hair, those round puppy like red eyes, that very characteristic scar...

That's Tanjiro.

Like, I can't even be in denial, only Tanjiro would look at someone highly suspicious sitting alone in a forest with such kind and worrying eyes.

I'm pretty sure he asked me something, but I have no idea what or how to respond.

Remember any japanese word that you might know, come on Y/N!

"Mochi."

"Mochi?!"

WHY MOCHI?!

Yes, I am hungry, but I didn't mean to say that out loud! He must be so confused!

"...do you...want mochi? I don't really have any with me right now, I'm sorry...?"

On Tanjiro's side, he was...confused.

Like, really confused.

He can tell by this girl smell that there's something big bothering her, and that thing is definitely not about mochi, but why would she say mochi then?

"My name is Kamado Tanjirou, what's yours? Do you live nearby?"

Even though this girl showed signs to not be in her right mind, he still wanted to help her.

Did he just say his name aloud? Is he introducing himself? Should I say my name?!

"Mochi."

I was so nervous about not knowing what to do that I ended up saying mochi again. I really hate myself, I'll just let him leave and tell his future brethren about the crazy mochi lady he once met in his missions.

"Oh! You don't understand what I'm saying? That's why you are just saying mochi?"

Little did Y/N know, her "mochi" strategy did work, thank god Tanjirou is patient enough to try to understand her instead of just leaving.

In response, she just looked at him dead in the eye, trying to at least get enough of a clue about what he just said.

"Right, you can't respond to me if you don't understand...okay, let me try again!"

After saying a bunch of things she didn't understand, he then points to himself.

"Kamado Tanjirou."

Then he points to her.

"And you are?"

Oooh, so he was asking her name!

"Y/N L/N!"

She smiles happily, since she finally managed to respond something coherent.

Okay, he succeded in getting her name, but what now? How does he even try to ask her what happened?

He looks around the forest like he was looking for something, oh, he must be trying to find a clue about what happened.

But even if I did know japanese, what would I even tell him? If I said that I came from another universe, then that would only make me look crazier!

My eyes started to water, I'm in a world full of demons, I can't communicate, I'm probably dead in my original world, everything is going wrong and I just woke up five minutes ago!

"W-wait, don't cry! I will help you okay?"

"WAAAAAAH-"

"C-calm down! I'm not someone dangerous so-"

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAAAAYING-"

I know it's not his fault, but the fact that he's still attempting to comfort me even though he (probably) knows that I can't understand him just makes me want to cry even more.

He then suddenly extends his hand to me.

"There's probably going to be some safe village where I can drop you off in the way to my mission, until then, I promise to protect you okay? So please don't cry." He said a bunch of things that I, once again, didn't understand.

Without any other options, I take his hand, since it's Tanjirou, it's safe to follow him at least.

Wait, in what point of the story are we?!

My question was answered with a small scream coming from the distance :

"PLEASE MARRY ME!"

Okay, I already got it.