Her story

TW : suicide, mentions of child abuse

◇◇◇

"Oh my, Y/N dear, are you feeling better now?" 

When I opened my eyes, a woman with gentle eyes was there looking at me.

W-where I am? Was I asleep?

 "W-Who-"

"Oh! Is my baby already feeling better?"

This time, a man enters the room, his expression brightens when he sees me awake and rushes to hug me.

That warmth… How could I forget? These are my parents!

Not my parents from 2021, my real parents. My parents from the sengoku era!

"Your fever was awfully bad this time, I was worried sick about you!"

"Haha, sorry mom…but you know, I think I had a strange dream!"

"You did? What it was about?"

"… It was….huh? Why can't I remember it?"

"Well, you can try to remember it after dinner." She says, putting a bowl with soup in front of me, as I saw my reflex in the liquid, something occurred to me.

Was I always this young? 

…. Nah, mom is right, I should eat dinner, my fever probably made my memories all fuzzy!

Y/N was now laying on her bed with a blanket covering her, while her mother gently patted her head.

"Can you tell me a story?"

"… Yes, of course sweetie."

"Yay!"

"Once, a lion was sleeping in the jungle when a rat started running up and down in its body just for fun. This disturbed the lion's sleep, and he woke up very angry."

"Oh no!"

"He was about to eat the mouse when the mouse desperately asked the lion to release him.  'I promise you, one day I will be of great help if you save me.' The lion laughed at the rat's confidence and let it go."

"Poor rat…"

"One day, some hunters entered the forest and took the lion with them.  They tied him to a tree.  The lion was struggling to get out and began to whimper."