Night

Y/N was scared of the night

When there was nobody else to talk to or no sound of swords clashing from everyone training, she didn't like that silence.

When she was alone with her thoughts, she couldn't help but being afraid.

But now wasn't the time to cry or to be scared, today she needed to know the whole truth of what happened in the day Akaza left.

What had Douma told him? If his objective from the start was just to bring Akaza back, then he already reached it, so why does he still appear almost every day to see her?

He says that 'likes' her, but she can't believe him.

But that was something she would have to ask directly to the demon, so when the night came, Y/N waited.

She sat down on her bed, and waited for him to come, like he always did.

“Oh my, you look pretty downcast today! I suppose you followed my advice and asked what happened to Daki?” He suddenly appeared beside her, jumping back when she quickly swung her sword at him.

“Why is it each time we meet you get more and more violent? One day, you might actually end up hurting me, you know?”

“Use your brain, dipshit! I AM trying to hurt you!” She attacked him again, which he defended.

“My feelings will be hurt like that~”

“It doesn't look like they are hurt to me!” She exclaimed back.

“You look cute even while angry!”

“Shut up!”

“At least try to consider my situation!” Douma kept casually talking to her while avoiding her continuous attacks. “I did all that before I realized how great you were!”

I think I like this guy.

'NO. YOU DO NOT. SHUT UP ETHER.'

“Who cares if it was before or after?! It's already done! And by the look you have on your face, I have a feeling you don't regret it one bit!” Y/N was righteously furious.

“Don't be so angry, why not try to talk, huh?” Even so, Douma kept smiling at her and not taking the girl seriously at all.

She took a few steps back, her hands still harshly gripping the handle of her sword as she took tired deep breaths.

“See? Doesn't matter how angry you are, you won't manage to hit me, so-”

Blood dripped down his cheek. There was a cut in it.

Now that he looked closer, the tip of her blade had a little blood in it.

That was… weird. No, really weird.

She was barely strong enough to approach him in their first meeting, and now she managed to lay a hit on him?

It was a very superficial cut, but it was still not normal for a human to get stronger so quickly.