Cake

Hey! Just wanted to say my tests will start tomorrow, so I don't know if I will be able to update this week 😭

       •────────✦❅✦────────•

In the start, Y/N felt like crying every time she saw Giyuu walking behind her, but after she noticed that she just had confused his nervousness to interact with murderous intent, she finds the way that he follows her around like a puppy kind of cute.

Though Shinobu doesn't seem to be liking this 'proximity', and that was pretty noticeable when everyone went to eat their breakfast in the morning, the food in their trays looking completely normal besides Giyuu's, everything from his miso soup to his bowl with rice was producing a suspicious purple smoke, she really wants to kill him-

Besides this, Y/N was having a surprisingly calm number of days, which was weird, since she's used to a different, strange event happening to her everyday, but no, things have been going so smoothly that she almost feel like she's been isekaied to a slice of life anime.

She's been doing solo missions from time to time, since different from Tanjiro she didn't lose her sword in the red-light district battle, not thanks to her, of course, but because Daki went to look for it after the fight ended.

Each of the demons that she kills on this solo missions went to heaven, and each time one of them goes to heaven, the shorter her time to live gets, but maybe that's for the best, right?

It was normal for the kakushi to be gossiping or whispering between themselves, and as Y/N was walking around while sweeping the floor, one of their conversations caught her attention.

“First the water one, now the flame hashira is here too! What's up with this sudden hashira frenzy?! I can't relax with them around!”

“Right?! Though the flame hashira isn't a bad person, such a high-ranking person acting so friendly with me makes me nervous!”

Y/N suddenly popped out in the middle of them, her eyes sparkling. “Did you guys say flame hashira?! Is he here?!”

“Uh-”

“In which room is he in?! Is he hurt?! Can I see him?!”

“We don't have permission to-”

“I won't tell anyone, I promise!”

“W-w-we can't do that!”

“Oh….”

They looked between themselves, one of them whispering to the other : “What should we do? I don't want to go to see a hashira willingly-”

“But Shinobu-sama will kill us if she sees her sad-”

“ugh-”

They turned back to Y/N, who was mopping in the corner with a gloomy aura. “We will take you there…”