Farewells

'You're being surprisingly quiet, Ether

'You're being surprisingly quiet, Ether. I thought you would already be cussing Sanemi out by now.' Y/N thought as she walked over to her room, she had to grab her things to be able to finally leave this dreadful place.

You told me to not curse in your head, remember?

'Did I?'

Well, if you insist…. this stupid, low being, no wonder his mother is dead-

'OKAY, OKAY YOU CAN STOP-

Ether acts so meekly around Y/N that she often forgets how he really is.

Because he's a god, humans are like ants to him. He can't find himself to feel empathy for them or their deaths, so he also doesn't understand why Y/N wants to save those people so much.

Still, she said to him that it was the only way she could ever be happy, and if that's the case, then so be it. (even if he still doesn't comprehend why)

“Y/N!”

“Huh?” She looked over her shoulder, seeing Muichiro running over to her, she didn't know if she should feel happy or run away for her life.

“Here, I wanted to give this back to you, but you suddenly ran off, so…”

“Ah! My haori, thank you!” Y/N had forgotten she had left it with him when he fell asleep back at the swordsmith village.

“It was completely tattered, so I tried to fix it, it's not that good though…” He sheepishly said, scratching his cheek.

In response, Y/N silently glanced over the cloth, it was very obvious which places he tried to fix, and even though the stitching looked very sloppy, she couldn't help but smile widely at it.

“IT'S PERFECT, I REALLY LOVE IT-!”

“You're exaggerating.”

“NO WAY!” She started to cry dramatically. “I WILL ALWAYS WEAR IT NOW! I WILL EVEN SLEEP AND TAKE BATHS WITH IT! WAAAAAH-”

“Please don't do that-”

Sniff- it is the best- sniff- sewing I have ever seen- sniff- it's a piece of art-” Y/N said in between sobs.

“Did you finish crying?”

“I'm trying! It's just that I'm so happy! Sob-

He tilted his head, a confused expression in his face. “I'm glad you like it. Though I still don't understand what's so great about it.”

Y/N ignored him, happily humming a random song while putting the haori.

Muichiro sighed when he noticed that she simply wasn't paying attention to what he was saying now. “Well… Whatever makes you happy, I guess.”

“Ah! That makes me remember!” Y/N suddenly jolted. “How are you feeling? I mean, you look fine now, but your condition was still pretty bad until a while ago…”