Hurt

Gyomei was supposed to scold Y/N

Well, that was obvious, surprisingly enough she can't just go around beating everyone up, that's the hashira's job.

But he doesn't feel like he can do it, so Y/N sits awkwardly on the ground while staring up at him, waiting for a scolding that was probably never coming. They have been like this for the last 10 minutes.

As the oldest member of the corps, Gyomei saw countless people come and go, but he can see a pattern on most of the members of the corps:

They're selfless, but also have a tendency to be self-destructive.

Their wish to protect the common people is noble, but also a double-edge sword, since it makes them not value their physical well-being that much.

However, from all the people he has come to know to this day, the one with the worst self-destructive tendency he has ever seen is Y/N.

He doesn't even know of her past. He doesn't know of Akaza, or of Ether, he can simply feel it by being around her.

In fact, he was quite grateful she seemed to be so glued to him these days, he always has this feeling that she will simply… appear dead out of nowhere.

He sighs as loses his internal battle of doing the right thing. (Which was punishing her for her violent behavior) and choosing to baby her once again.

He gently strokes her head. “Promise you won't do it again?”

Y/N frantically nods. “I won't!” She most definitely will.

He sighs. “Then you can go.”

“Yay!” She immediately springs up and runs off, showing her tongue to the group of guys she beat up, ignoring their annoyed complaints at the favoritism.

She walks deeper into the woods, wanting to lack off a bit before joining the others again in their training.

That guy reminds me of your dad. Is that why you keep pestering him?

'Doesn't he!? Isn't it wonderful?'

But Y/N, don't get too attached… you know Gyomei will also-

She stops in her tracks. 'Yeah. I know.'

Gyomei's situation is a bit complicated. He dies after the battle against Muzan ends, but different from the others, his death wasn't occasioned by fatal wounds, he died because of the mark.

You'd think that stopping him from awakening the mark is the right course of action, however, the boost of strength the mark gives was what helped him in the battle against the upper moon. If she somehow manages to stop his awakening, Kokushibou will have an easier time killing Gyomei's weaker version, which could also mess the battle pace and make the other participants of the fight die before they can kill him too.