Rain

I feel kinda bad about breaking my once-peer-week update schedule, but I ended up finishing this chapter sooner than I expected, so why not just post it?

I hope you like it! Have a good day/night!

       •────────✦❅✦────────•

Inside the cave she was taking cover while waiting for the heavy rain to stop, Y/N stared uninterested at the falling raindrops.

“So….why are you still here?” She suddenly asked, side eyeing Akaza, who was standing all the way over to the other side of the cave with a cautious expression.

“The… rain?” He awkwardly responded, pointing outside.

“Are you answering me or asking me?”

“…answering?”

“Oh yeah, you really think that I'm going to believe the so-called upper moon three can't go home because of the rain?”

“…yes?”

“And you are just answering my questions with more questions too-” Y/N sighed, resting her chin in her palms as she sat on the ground, staring begrudgingly at the rain outside. “Soo… do you happen to have seen any other demon around here?” She threw the question in the air, who knows, he might know something.

“W-why do you want to know that?!”

“So there IS a demon.”

“NO! What makes you think that?!”

“Well, you just admitted there was-”

“No, I didn't!”

“Yes, you did- and otherwise, how can you explain what's happening in that village and us being assigned here?”

“And what makes you believe that I'm not the one who's causing this?” He crossed his arms, arching a brown at her.

Different from the reaction he expected, Y/N just smiled gently and said : “… Because I know you're not the type to resort to such petty ways of elimination.”

“Huh?”

“Basically, you're a muscle brain that face people head-on.”

“You little- And why are you talking like you know me?!”

“I do know you, though? Didn't your stupid lord told you and his other minions something about me?”

Y/N has been curious about that for a while, she's pretty sure that Muzan knows about her 'ability' after what happened in the infinity train, so she can't help but wonder how Muzan is handling this information with the others.

“He…” Akaza awkwardly avoided looking at her eyes because yes, Muzan did tell them something about her, but it wasn't what she seemed to be expecting…