Underling

The symbol “♡” means jump in time

◇♡◇♡◇

"He's alive!"

"Fight me! Fight me! Fight me!"

That's a lot of energy for someone who just suffered a concussion.

Inosuke then picks me up by the collar of my shirt like a mom cat picking up a kitten by the neck. "UNDERLING! TELL THEM TO FIGHT ME!"

I just stayed there in silence, while questioning my decisions in life.

"Hey! Let go of my angel!" Zenitsu says with courage that he took from who knows where, it only took a menacing look from Inosuke for him to cower in fear and hide behind Teruko, though.

"…. What are you guys doing?"

"It's a burial."

"Huh?"

"You should help us too Inosuke, there's still some corpses left in the house." Tanjiro says while sometimes glancing at me still being hold by the collar, I guess he doesn't know if he should tell Inosuke to put me down or not.

"What's the point of burying the corpses of these creatures? I ain't doing that! Fight me instead! And why don't you ask underling to do the work?!"

"She can't because someone almost beat her to death." Zenitsu says in sarcastic way.

"HAAAH?! WHO WAS IT?! WHO HIT MY UNDERLING?!"

The others sigh in response.

"Did your headbutt made him develop some midterm amnesia, or he's just naturally dumb?" Zenitsu whispers to Tanjiro, who just laughed awkwardly in response.

"Ah! I understand now! You can't do it because your wounds hurt right? Don't worry, everyone has a different pain threshold. It's a lot of work to carry the bodies outside and give them a proper burial, we'll all do the best we can, so don't worry! You should get some rest, sorry for asking so much from you!"

An irk mark appears on Inosuke head. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME, DAMMIT! I'LL BURY A HUNDRED- NO! TWO HUNDRED OF YOUR CORPSES! I AM GOING TO BURY MORE THAN ANY OF YOU! BE SURE TO CLOSELY OBSERVE MY PERFORMANCE, UNDERLING!" He says, running to the mansion with me still in his grasp.

"W-wait! Give Y/N back!" Tanjiro says in an exasperated manner, but he was already too far inside the house.

Everyone was now praying to the buried corpses.

Except Inosuke, who was being weird as always while headbutting a tree.

"DID YOU SEE THAT, UNDERLING?!"

"What is he doing?"

"Ignore him."

The siblings exchange before going back to pray.

"Descend the mountain!" Tanjiro's crow suddenly appears.

"The crow is talking!"

"Just don't think anymore."

"Okay."

Everyone was getting ready to set off, except me who was resting on the floor, I just received the beating of a lifetime, okay? One side of my vision is still red because of this stupid boar! I'm going to put rocks in his sandals when we get to the wisteria house.

Oh…will I even be able to stay at the wisteria house? I'm not a demon slayer.

Actually, will they even want me to stay with them? I'm pretty certain that they must think I'm troublesome, since I am a civilian and all.

Of course, the situation was actually the contrary of what she was thinking.

"Y/N, do you want me to carry you?" Zenitsu and Tanjiro say simultaneously, they both look at each other, an awkward silence for a while before Tanjiro smiles blankly and say:

"Thank you, but Y/N is my responsibility, so-"

"Don't worry about it! Since you are already carrying that box, it must be taxing to carry the two-"

"There's no need to worry since I'm strong enough to carry both!"

In the end, Tanjiro won the discussion, he's surprisingly scary when angry.

Zenitsu looked with a pout at the girl comfortably sleeping in Tanjiro's back, he could almost see the flowers floating around the boy as they walked down the mountain.

"I swear I'm gonna find a weak point and take you down, loser! Wake up, underling! You have to see your boss winning!"

"My name's not “loser”, it's Kamado Tanjirou! Also, stop calling her underling! Her name is Y/N! And she's tired, so please don't wake her up!"

"Kamaboko Gonpachiro! I'm gonna bring you down!"

"Who the hell are you talking about?!"

"That'd be you!"

"I don't know anyone by that name!"

"Ugh…" Y/N mutters, the loud noises making her wake up.

"YOU WOKE HER UP!" Zenitsu screeches, honestly, that's quite the exaggerated reaction.

"You woke her up, Tontarou!"

"Eh? Me?!"

What are they even fighting about? - The source of the fight itself, thought.