Snake

“Akaza, listen listen! Mitsuri said-” Y/N opened the door, only to see the eerily quiet and empty room

'Oh. Right.' Her expression gloomed. 'I forgot… he… left…'

She exasperatedly shook her head, slapping her cheeks to focus. 'Come on, get over this! You can't stay depressed forever!'

It's okay to be sad.

“Not when you have important things to do.” Y/N mumbled. “If I let my emotions get the best of me, I will hurt someone again like last time.”

… Let me change subject, then. Uh- That rainbow weirdo, it's been a while since he last appeared. Are you not worried?

That much was true, after that night when Y/N was forced to change her strategy to handle Douma, he did not appear again for the next three days.

Obviously, she felt quite conflicted about it. Though she was very much glad for the break, at the same time, she couldn't help but being scared of why he wasn't coming anymore. Maybe he's planning something? Or maybe he finally got bored and gave up on her? (she really hopes it's the last one)

No matter what the reason could be, all she could do is pretend that everything was fine. Y/N couldn't even fathom anyone discovering that Akaza left, after she literally had all the trouble of going to a trial and being kept in house-arrest at the Ubuyashiki's main house.

Actually, the fact that she went through of all that to keep Akaza only for him to leave without saying a word made her angry on a whole other level, she can't even imagine how embarrassed she would be if someone found out!

God, what if Sanemi found out?! He would rub it so much in her and everyone's faces about how right he was-!

Y/N cringed, shuddering. 'I'm killing myself if Sanemi finds it out.'

Please refrain from that, I would rather not have to revive you for such a stupid reason.

'Too bad, I know you would do it anyway.'

…. Of course, I would.

.

.

.

“Good job, Y/N, Tanjiro! You can pass on to the next hashira!” Mitsuri smiled at them.

“Really?!” Y/N beamed in response, approaching her happily.

“To be honest, I was planning to hold you down here for as much as possible.” Her expression suddenly darkened. “.... But my walls and floor wouldn't be able to take it for much longer.”

“... I-I'm sorry-” Tanjiro shyly mumbled an apology, he knew he was the one to blame for this.

“I know Tanjiro, you're going to miss the leotards a lot.” One of the swordsmen approached him, gently resting his hand on his shoulder with a knowing look.