Warm

"N-Nezuko?" Y/N mumbles as the demon girl hugged her, holding her down in the bed

"…. I- can I get up?"

"Humph."

"I guess that's a no…"

I can't believe everyone!

Now, to guarantee that I won't try to get up and overwork myself, they are taking turns in watching me, and right now, it's Nezuko turn.

'I should probably think twice before acting so harshly again…'  I pondered as I hug Nezuko closer to my chest and hide my face in her hair, she hummed happily in response.

'Ether….it has been so long…. I wonder if you are okay.' I thought as my vision slowly got heavier.

........

.....

W̸̛͎a̵̜̫͇̲͌̌͐̕k̶̰͠e̸̘͕̤͔̓̇̒ ̶̭̞͙͖̐̄̈́̽ũ̵̜͈̭p̴̛̮̹͍̆̄͜.̴̖͖́͆̈ ̴̳͕̠̪̊͘͠Y̷̘̬͚̣͌̇ȏ̶̱̒͂ŭ̸̘̣͙ ̴̖̉́́͝n̶̪̻̬̼͗e̸̹̔̅ě̶̲̫ḏ̴͗̃ ̵͕̥͆͋t̵̢͗ò̶̱̏͠͝ ̸͑ͅt̵̩̦͔̟̓̆ä̴́̍̔̍͜ĺ̷̩͉̐͜͝ķ̴͔̘͎̈́̈́̈́ ̸̲̞̏͌͆̅t̶̺̼̿ỏ̷̺ ̴̡͙̲̝̀̿h̵̛̲i̴̳͚͎̦̐́̈̐m̷̺̯̆́͠͠.̴̟͈̘̬̽

I shot up from my bed.

 How long did I sleep? 

Nezuko is still by my side, snoring peacefully.

I…maybe I should go outside for fresh air.

Outside….this is situation is kinda nostalgic. It was in a day like this that Zenitsu asked to marry me, he was probably just joking though.

"Huh? Tanjiro? What are you doing here?" I say as I noticed the red haired boy sitting outside.

"Well….what are you doing here?" He asked back.

"I couldn't sleep.''

"Same."

"You really suck at lying, you know? You probably didn't even try to sleep yet."

"Ahaha…well…you caught me."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Huh?"

"The thing that's bothering you. You wanna talk about it?"

He avoided looking at my eyes, his face deep in thought as he was considering if he should tell me or not.

And then, he finally open his mouth to say: "… This is all so frustrating. Every time I learn to do something new, I learn how much more there is to know. These awesome people are fighting with such skill and power, and I'm still far so behind them."

Wait, that.....this sounds familiar…

"I feel like I'm falling behind. Can I… Can I ever become anything like you?"

That's right! He said the same thing in the manga when Rengoku died! But…in the manga Inosuke comforted him in his own brute way, but since Rengoku didn't die, that scene didn't happen!

Oh no! That was so dangerous! If I hadn't come outside today, Tanjiro would lose an important part of his character development! I didn't even think about how Rengoku being alive would affect the plot…

… Wait….he said….become like me?!

"Why become like me? I didn't do anything all this time besides foolishly jumping in the middle of fights I can't win."

Yes. All this time, all I ever did was die. I'm totally useless, the only thing that I can do is die and restart. Why would someone want to become like me? I would pity them.

"I don't see it in that way." Tanjiro said responding to my statement, gently shaking his head in negation.

"You….you are the kindest person I ever met. You're always thinking about others, and even when all hopes seem to be lost, you still smile brightly and do your best! when Rengoku was about to die in front of us, I couldn't move at all, but you….you didn't even think twice. I wish I could at least be one percent like you."

….does he really see me that way?

No. That person that he described is not me. I'm not some kind of angel, I'm doing this because of my own greed.

I want them all to live. Even without me.

"You idiot, none of the things you just said should be considered compliments. And besides…" I say, sitting beside him.

"In my eyes, you are way kinder."

'Eh?"

"You helped me, remember? Even though I was acting so weirdly and couldn't even speak the same language, you still took me with you. You are also always thinking of others, so much that I get worried about you sometimes, that's why, to me, you are already perfect. You don't need to become like me or anyone else.''

"Y/N…." Tanjiro then turns away from me, his face slowly getting red as he was in deep thought like he was considering something.

"Why are you getting re-"

He suddenly turns back to me and leans down, pressing his lips against mine.

….eh?

That-

"YOU!!" A feminine voice exclaims, making Tanjiro jump and quickly get away from me.

"YOU PERVERT! MORON! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO Y/N!" Aoi exclaims, her face red, though I couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or in anger.

''COME HERE!" She says with a scary expression, grabbing his collar and dragging him inside like he was a rag doll.

I just watched Tanjiro merciless being dragged to his doom, still in too much of a shocked state to react.

Was I….kissed?

OH MY GOD, I WAS KISSED-

I-

How should I react? My heart is beating so fast that I can't even think properly-

I slowly raised my hand to touch my lips.

It was….warm.

Y/N lays down in the floor and rolls around, trying to disperse her embarrassment.

"Y/N, why are you rolling in the floor?"

Kiyo appears, making a confused expression to the girl, who stopped rolling around and laid in her back, looking at the ceiling with a silly smile.

"Kiyo, I'm so glad I'm alive.''

"….? I'm also glad you are."

Y/N smiles happily in response to Kiyo, who was still confused but went to help her get up anyway.

◇◇◇

Is it too late to address to the fact that I have no romance experience at all? Like- writing this was so awkward for me lol, hope you guys liked the chapter anyway <33