Temptation

hi, lol

...hi, lol. It's been quite a while, right? (Almost two months)

To be honest, I don't even have an explanation for dissapearing like that, I just... wasn't feeling like writing for some reason?? I'm literally am so sorry! But I'm back now, yay!

After so long idk if there's still many people reading this book, but for the people that are still here and waited for this update, I sincerely thank you for staying!<33 Hope you enjoy the chapter!

       •────────✦❅✦────────•

The brawl continued until early evening, and even a scolding came from above.

“Fools! Morons!!” The crow scolded Tanjiro and Y/N, who were sitting on the floor.

“Hey, why are we being scolded?! Sanemi's the one who tried to perform some kind of public execution! And of his OWN brother, no less!” She grabbed the crow and started shaking it. “And what the hell was that training of his?! What do you mean you guys let him make people fight nonstop until they either vomit or pass out?! Isn't he just torturing them?!”

“Y-Y/N- it's not the crow's fault-” Tanjiro tried to calm her down.

“So go and tell your superiors that I'm NOT apologizing, and if there's something I regret, it was not hitting him MORE!” She finally let the crow go after her little outburst, it flew off quite exasperatedly after.

“... Y/N… um... won't you get in trouble for this…?” Tanjiro carefully says as she pants, trying to catch her breath after all that non-stop talking.

“Don't worry! I'm friends with the future master!” She turns to him with her usual happy smile already back. 'Sorry Kiriya, you're not even the master yet, and I'm already using your name to abuse power-'.

“... Y/N, I don't know if this is the best time to bring it up, but… what was that with Sanemi that happened back there?” Tanjiro suddenly says, looking at her with a worried frown.

Recently, he's been noticing a pattern in her. A suffocating and heavy smell comes from her, it suddenly disappears, and then she acts like nothing is abnormal.

“... I was… just furious that he tried to hurt Genya! Can you imagine doing something like that to your own brother? How awful!” She says, though it was clear that she left a LOT out.

Normally, Tanjiro accepts and pretends to buy it. He doesn't want to pressure her like he mistakenly did some months ago, but…

“Huh?” Y/N's eyes widen when he suddenly pulls her into a tight embrace.

“Y/N, I'm scared.” He mumbles, burying his head in her shoulder. “I know there's something wrong, and I'm scared because I have this bad feeling… this feeling that you're going to do something stupid and disappear.”