Perfect

Daki is confused

Daki is confused.

She doesn't know what's going on with her recently.

Ever since she started to spend time with this weird Y/N girl, suddenly humans doesn't look so much like insects to her.

Before, she used to enjoy seeing their pained and scared faces, but now, every time she imagines Y/N in place of these humans, it's suddenly not enjoyable anymore.

.....why?

It's not like other people don't compliment her. It's the contrary actually, she received so much compliments ever since she was a human that they don't really have any meaning to her now.

So, why it's different with Y/N? It doesn't make sense. She's just like any other human. She's foolish and weak, an airhead that follows her around like a puppy without even noticing that she's speaking with a demon, an upper moon at that!

Why then?

She enters her room, a frown in her face as she tries to sort out her feelings.

Feelings? Did she have such things before?

"….Daki."

The woman freezes when she heard the voice, quickly bowing down.

"Lord Muzan!"

Muzan…? He visited her four days ago, why is he here again?

He was standing with his back resting in the wall, his fedora hat covering his eyes as only the weak light of the moonlight through the window were there to permit her to be able distinguish his figure.

"I heard something….curious. That you are playing around with a human, and that you haven't eaten any of them in a while. Is it true?"

"T-that's…"

Humans suddenly tasted disgusting to her.

Muzan…was furious.

That's because, after reading her mind, he noticed that the 'human' who caused this was the same that caused trouble in the mugen train.

…he's after you too now, Y/N.

He saw Enmu's memories. He knows that you can reincarnate. 

As long as you exist, you are the demon slayer corps guarantee ticket. Even if they fail in killing him, you can just kill yourself to go back and try again.

Your existence, just like Tanjiro, is a threat to him.

But he can't kill you directly. You would just go back in time if he does so.

What he needs to do is to capture you, turn you into a demon, so you won't die by aging, and then lock you up forever.

And now that you are here, it's the perfect moment to order Daki to do so.

But then, you had to get close to her pretending to be a silly girl who meant no harm.

He hates you.

How dare you mess with his authority like this?! He saw Akaza's memories, he saw how you used his humans memories and trauma against him while smiling, he knows that you are also a monster inside.

You are irritating. The way that you pretend to be some kind of saving goddess when inside you are just as much of a monster as he is, it’s annoying.

"Asami, huh? You even gave her a nickname. Is she like a pet?"

"Yes! She means nothing to me, Lord Muzan, rest assured!" Silly Daki. He can tell that you are lying.

"… Then, I have new orders for you, kill the hashira, and bring your pet alive to me after, you get me?"

"I-I do!"

"… I expect a great deal from you, Daki."

He slowly approaches her, putting both of his hands on her cheeks.

"You are the most beautiful creature there is. You're strong and cruel. You are perfect."

His red eyes look directly at her golden ones, dfferent from four days ago, Daki was trembling. Were his eyes always so lifeless and cold like this? Or she just didn't notice before?

And he was gone. Her room still felt chilly even though he wasn't there anymore.

Daki got out of the room, standing in the corridor with her hand slight trembling.

Does she have to give her to him?

….does she want to do that?

Does it even matter what she wants?

"Oh, Hime-san? You are back?"

As she heard the familiar voice, she looks up to see Y/N carrying a mountain of clothes in her arms, seems like she was with moving the clean laundry duty today.

She approaches Daki face, looking intensely at her features for some seconds, before taking a step back, flashing a goofy smile at her and saying :

"Yep, you look perfect today too! Just like every day!"

…perfect?

It's the same thing he said to her.

Were his eyes always so empty like this? How did she didn't notice it before?

Why? Why is it different when she says it?

Maybe…it's all in her eyes.

Y/N eyes are always sparkling with sincerity. She means what she says. She doesn't want anything in trade when she compliments her.

That shine…Muzan doesn't have it.

…why?

Why does he need her? Of all humans he could've had asked for?

No, it doesn't matter, she has to carry out her orders.

Yeah, she's just a stupid human. She doesn't care for her at all! 

She doesn't.

She really doesn't.

"Why are you crying?"

Y/N frowns, putting the cleans clothes on the floor and trying to reach out to her cheek.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

She harshly slaps Y/N's hand away.

"…hime-san?"

"STOP WITH THAT NICKNAME! YOU'RE CONFUSING ME!"

"But-"

She turns away, walking away from the confused Y/N.

Daki is not sad. SHE'S NOT SAD AT ALL! SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THIS PUNY HUMAN FEELINGS! 

She…really…doesn't…care.

When she wakes up the other day, and Y/N won't say good morning and compliment her like every other day, she won't be sad. She won't be sad when she doesn't appear randomly and start to ramble about her friends, in fact, these stories about her stupid humans friends have nothing to do with her not being able to see humans as food anymore! 

She really….she just has a weird demon sickness. That's all. She won't miss her at all when she's gone, she really won't!

Kill the hashira. Bring Y/N alive.

She will obey his orders.