Worthy

“Daki, Gyutaro, good morning! Why don't we-”

Y/N entered their room to see Akaza squirming on his bed while Gyutaro and Daki pressed a pillow against his face.

“WHY ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO SUFFOCATE HIM-”

.

.

.

After this, it had to be accepted that it's impossible to keep them in the same room, so Akaza was separated from them.

Well, it's not like you can blame them, they grew up with the 'attack first before they attack you' mindset, and Akaza is still an incognito to everyone.

He did say that 'He would do anything in his power' for Y/N to live, and though if you looked at this statement at surface level it could mean that he's willing to help her out, it could also mean that : “As long as Y/N ends up alive, I don't really care about anything else that happens.” Which means that he still could put other people's lives at risk.

So basically, Akaza seemed to be currently siding with nobody. Neither humans nor demons. He was just..... there.

“Thanks for not exploding their heads, it would suck to have to clean the blood…” Y/N said with a tired sigh as they rested on the floor of his new room.

“I hate weak people, but since they are your friends…”

“Aaawww, when did you start to get so cute?”

“Shut it.”

“Totally shut!” She got up from the floor. “Since you're fine, I will be le-”

“Are you going to see that Giyuu person again?” He suddenly asked, making her stop going to the door.

“Yeah! But don't worry, today's the last day!” She looked over shoulder.

“And..... Tanjiro will be there too?”

“Yep.”

'Oh wow- he suddenly started emitting a terrifying aura!' Y/N jolted.

“Wow- Do you really hate him that much?” Her smile got awkward.

Akaza didn't answer her, only coldly turning his head away with a 'humph'.

“Is the great upper moon three sulking?”

“….”

“Pff- I will be leaving then, be sure to not be sulking when I come back.”

“Wait, before you go!” He suddenly grabbed her wrist, it was so sudden that she stumbled, her back hitting against his chest.

“Ow! What was that for?” She looked up at him with a frown.

“Look, I think need to tell you something important.”