Angel

Once again, I already apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in this chapter

Also, sorry if the dialogue is kind of different from the anime, I'm too lazy to watch it again to put the rights ones lol, the context of the scene will be keep the same though.

The symbol "☆" means change of POV

Underlined words means they are being said in japanese.

◇◇◇◇

Tanjirou was nervous right now.

Mostly because he got so exasperated when the girl started crying that he panicked and said the first thing that came to his mind, and now he has a complete foreign stranger traveling with him.

Was that a good decision? What if she's someone dangerous?!

He didn't have time to panic more, before said girl tugged his sleeve and pointed at a random pebble in the road.

"A rock?"  He asked, confused.

"Rock!" She repeated.

Oh, she's trying to learn japanese?

"That's right! Good job!"

She smiles happily, even though she can't exactly understand his praise.

Okay, he takes back what he just thought, she's cute.

What's with that smile he is giving me? 

"PLEASE MARRY ME!"

I don't need to know japanese to be able to assume that this obnoxiously loud scream is Zenitsu.

Here he was, with his attention grabber yellow hair and very recognizable screams, harassing a girl in the middle of the road.

Chuntarou came and landed on Tanjirou's hand, I decided to step in while he's busy talking to the sparrow.

"Hey, don't harass her!" I try to pull him off, but he's stuck to her like a flea.

"NO! SHE IS GOING…TO…marry…me?" His screams started to slowly lose energy after taking a look at my face.

"Are you an angel?"

Eh? Did he just say tenshi? Who's the angel? Me? Nah, he's probably talking about Tanjirou.

He then latches himself onto me, hugging my waist and crying even louder than before. "YOU'RE AN ANGEL THAT CAME DOWN FROM THE SKY TO MARRY ME BECAUSE I AM GOING TO DIE SOON, RIGHT?! PLEASE MARRY ME!"

I'm pretty certain that he is saying something stupid right now.

"Mochi."

At this point, saying “mochi” when I don't have anything else to say became a habit.

"Eh? Mochi?"

"Hey! Don't harass Y/N, she doesn't understand you!"​​​​ Tanjirou (finally) steps in, trying to pull him off me. "What do you think you're doing in the middle of the road?! Can't you see that neither this girl nor Y/N wants to marry you?! Also, stop causing trouble for your sparrow!"

Damn, he looks really pissed.

"That uniform! You're that guy from the final selection!"

I have no idea about what Zenitsu just said, but whatever it was, it made Tanjirou even more pissed.

"Nobody I know is anything like you! I don't know you!"

"Eh?! But we met remember?! You're the one with problems, like your memory!"

Tanjirou looks at him with a stressed look, like he remembers but wish he would not.

"The sky looks really beautiful today, don't you think Y/N?"

"Mochi."

"DON'T JUST IGNORE ME?!"

Ignoring Zenitsu again, Tanjirou turns to the girl he was harassing first.

"I already took care of him, you can go back home without worries."

"I will! Thank you very much!"

"Hey! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love with me all rig-"

He was interrupted by a slap coming from the girl, the loud sound made me flinch.

In the anime it was a funny moment, but now in real life I just feel bad for him, even though he kinda deserved it.

"When did I ever say I was in love with you?! You were crumpled on the side of the road and looked ill, all I did was ask if you were okay!"

"Eh?? So you didn't approach me out of love because you were worried?!"

"I ALREADY HAVE A FIANCÉ! Since you have all that energy, you must be fine, right?! Goodbye!"

She then storms off, Zenitsu just stayed there in the ground with a kicked puppy look.

I feel bad when other people are sad, so I try to pet his head to cheer him up, he starts to tear up with the contact.

When he looks up at me with his eyes sparkling, I already knew I made a mistake.

"I KNEW IT, YOU REALLY ARE AN ANGEL! PLEASE MARRY ME!"

He latches himself onto my waist once again.

"Hey! Get off Y/N! I already said that she doesn't understand you!"