The way you are

Y/N let out a relieved sigh as she gently moved Muichiro away from her lap, taking off her haori and putting it under his head to work as a temporary pillow

'Okay! Now it's time to do my part!' She slight slapped her cheeks to motivate herself. 'In the manga, Muichiro was the one that brought the new sword to Tanjiro, but since he's asleep now, I will have to do it in his place!'

“Kanamori, I'm counting on you!” She exclaimed before running off, without even giving any explanation or context to the poor swordsmith.

“HUH?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN COUNTING ON ME??”

She approached Haganezuka, who was still sharpening the sword, and swiftly took it away from him, it was so quick that he didn't even realize that the sword was gone from his hands and kept sharpening the air.

“I'm borrowing this, bye! Have a good night!” And she ran off in the distance with the sword in hands.

“The…THE SWORD! GIVE IT BACK!!” He tried to run after her with a murderous intent, Kanamori exasperatedly held him back while crying loudly.

'Uhhh, let's see, in the manga, Muichiro arrived only at the end of the fight and threw the sword at Tanjiro for him to use at the perfect time, but considering that he was badly poisoned, tired, and with a psychotic Haganekuza holding him back, I will probably arrive way earlier…. Ugh, is there a way to not mess up the fight pace?! Maybe I could wait in the forest and appear just at the right time to give the sword-'

“Whoa-!!” Her plan to 'wait' in the forest and just appear at the right moment failed when she harshly bumped into someone while running, their foreheads had hit against each other and both squirmed in pain for a few seconds in response. “Ughh…”

“AAAAH! Y/N! I'M SO SORRY-” She immediately recognized Mitsuri's sweet voice, the hashira exasperatedly approached Y/N, rubbing the reddish spot on her forehead with a concerned expression.

'Oh, right, Mitsuri was supposed to be running to find the others, and she saved Tanjiro right in.....time….'

“Are you oka-”

“No time to talk, let's find Tanjiro-!”  Y/N grabbed her hand, dragging her along as she started to run again. 'Okay, change of plans! Since she saw me, I will have to participate in the fight, or I will be considered suspicious…'

'Since we bumped into each other, it means that at least I'm going in the right direction! Mitsuri needs to save Tanjiro, so it would be bad if we wasted time talking-'

Y/N thought as cold-sweat from anxiety started to form on her forehead, she took out her sword and put Tanjiro's new sword in the empty hilt on her waist, she would have to keep it safely until it was the right time…

'Y/N looks so serious… So cool!!' Mitsuri, of course, was having the time of her life.

It wasn't long before they could hear loud sounds, and when they finally reached the location where the fight was taking place, chaos was too much of a kind way of describing it.