Spell

“You're faster than before, Tanjiro! Make your muscles' transition from tense to relaxed smoother!”

It was the fifth day of Muichiro's training. “Good, just like that! That way your physical strength will last longer!”

Like a true protagonist, Tanjiro had made extreme progress very quickly.

After the training ended, Muichiro approached him with a bright smile and said : “The movement of your legs and hips flow perfectly! You can go on to the next hashira, Tanjiro!”

“Huh? Already?!” Tanjiro perked up.

“Yes.” Muichiro responded with a happy grin, flowers floating around him.

“But it only has been five days!”

“Well, you're performing exactly as I told you.”

“Huh...” Tanjiro awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

Four members nervously approached the two, one of them asking while fidgeting furiously : “we've been here two weeks… so, can we also…?”

Muichiro's smile dropped instantly. He turned to look at them, his face emotionless : “What are you talking about? Not you guys. After you finish working on your swing, you have lessons in striking until the practice dummy breaks.”

'The difference between us is incredible!' They all cried.

Muichiro sighed, still glaring at them as he turned back to Tanjiro. “Also, where's Y/N? She also has done great progress and can go to the next hashira, but I didn't see her anywhere…”

“I think… sniff.. I saw her go outside a while ago…” One of the crying guys commented.

“Really? Oh, I will go tell her then! Thanks for everything, Muichiro!” Tanjiro smiled brightly, politely bowing at the pillar before leaving while waving goodbye.

Y/N. You will be okay. I will always be there for you.

“I know…” The girl whispered, she was resting against a tree while exasperatedly trying to control her erratic breathing.

We are so close to the end, we can do this.

'Did Douma really fell for it?'

Y/N doubted that was the case.

Douma liked to act like he was an idiot, but the truth is that he was far from it.

Y/N thought of two possibilities of what could have happened yesterday :

The first was that Douma was desperate enough for affection to the point it affected his critical sense.

And the second was that he only pretended to fall for it.

But then, for what reason?

She was glad she was able to stop him before he did a massacre, but what was she going to do now?