Confession

“Y/N, how are you feeling? It's still a long way until we arrive, maybe it's better if someone carries you

“Y/N, how are you feeling? It's still a long way until we arrive, maybe it's better if someone carries you.” Shinobu asked, noticing Y/N's tired state.

“Pff- I'm fine, I could walk all the way to the sea without breaking a sweat right now!”

“Is that so?” She tilted her head with a sweet tone. “That's great! I was going to ask for Giyuu to carry you, but since you say that you're fine-”

“Now that I think about it, I'm tired! Like, really tired- Like my legs are going to explode if I take any other step-” As you can see, Y/N didn't make any effort in at least trying to sound believable.

She happily settled down on Giyuu's back, though Shinobu felt a bit bitter about asking him to do it, Y/N's health always comes first.

“Hihihi-” And at least she looks happier now… her smile looks a bit creepy, though.

“There, there! Sleep a lot and get better!” Kyojuro said, patting Y/N's head.

“Sure! Zzzzz-” How can someone sleep that fast? Who knows.

Shinobu silently checked Y/N's face, as she confirmed that she really was asleep, she said : “Do you both think she will be fine? She has been acting a bit off these days, the kid's deaths are taking a heavier toll on her than expected, maybe it's better if she-”

“She's doing her best to keep acting like always, we need to respect that.” Kyojuro interrupted her.

Shinobu bit her lip. That's why she didn't want Y/N to stay as a demon slayer.

.

.

.

“Y/N, we arrived!” Shinobu's sweet voice took her out of her slumber.

Giyuu let go of her, she rubbed her eyes as they started to walk inside the butterfly mansion.

“UNDERLING!!” And she was greeted with a headbutt. I mean, she almost was, the fighting spirit made her reflexively dodge, so the victim ended being the poor Giyuu who happened to be standing behind her.

“WHOAH! DID YOU SEE THAT, UNDERLING? I DEFEATED HIM!” Inosuke proudly exclaimed, pointing to the man silently looking down while trembling a bit.

He started to unsheathe his sword, Kyojuro pushing the blade back inside the hilt before they could notice the water hashira murderous intentions.

“Oh, right! Look, Inosuke, the acorn is still with me!” Y/N said, looking around her pocket and giving it to the boar.

“It helped me a lot, thank you.” She slightly lifted his mask, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

He froze in the spot, a pink aura forming around his head.

He angrily pointed at her, exclaiming : “You! You are using underhanded techniques again!”