Lullaby

'What?! Her head fell off! Incredible! Did Uzui just cut off her head?!'

Tanjiro thought in awe as he looked with his mouth opened agape at Daki sitting in the floor holding her own severed head in her lap.

Uzui suddenly approached his face, taking him off his thoughts, “Hey, this fight isn't over, do something about your demon sister!”

After he said this, Nezuko, who was still being held tightly by her brother, started to snarl loudly.

“Graaaaaaaah!”

“Nezuko!”

“Graaaaaaaaaa”

“I don't need a snarling little brag to worry about while I'm in battle, sing her a quaint country lullaby or some other boring thing.”

In response, Nezuko let out an even louder snarl, jumping back and throwing herself and her brother through the window, the two harshly falling against the ground outside the house.

Y/N took a step to go after them, but was stopped thanks to a soft voice speaking to her : “Y-Y/N, don't go-”

She silently looked back at Daki, who wasn't throwing a tantrum like she was supposed to in the manga and instead was just crying silently, “Don't leave me! Don't go! Don't go!”

“…. I'm sorry. I need to help my friends. You hurt them.”

“N-no! I was just-”

Nezuko!”

Tanjiro faint scream from outside made Y/N turn away from her, jumping outside to go to their encounter.

“Graaaah! Graaaaaaah!”

'It's no use, I'm not getting through her at all!'

Tanjiro thought in a panic, his sister still trashing in his arms like a wild animal.

“Can't you sing a lullaby for her, didn't Uzui told you that you could do so?”

Y/N commented as she approached the two, frowning a bit after she looked closer at Tanjiro's state.

Honestly, a hopeful part of her thought that Daki might have changed a bit, but seeing how much she beat the poor boy, she will have to accept that maybe there's no redemption for her.... but who knows.

“I'm not- Ugh- I'm not sure!” Tanjiro responds back, still struggling to hold his sister.

'Why are you not singing? You're already supposed to remember the lullaby your mother used to sang, why? Things continue to change, events that were supposed to be important keep not happening, if I had stayed with Daki, then what would happen to him? Would he be unable to hold Nezuko, and she would end up killing him?'

Though this was definitely not the best moment for having a breakdown, Y/N couldn't help it, she couldn't help being worried at the continuous changes.

Mostly because, besides Kyojuro death, almost all the other changes she made were bad, thankfully until now nothing essential for the plot was changed, but how long it will be like that? How long it will take for a critical event to be destroyed and then cause the ending of the humanity?