Fool

“Soo… Uhh… Shinazugawa's dojo was around here, right?” Tanjiro asked, his crow resting on top of his head and giving directions

“NO!! TURN RIGHT AT THAT CORNER OVER THERE!! BIRD BRAIN!”

Y/N covered her ears, letting out an annoyed sigh. She always knew how loud his crow was, but having a scrawny voice screaming in her ear all day just after a terrible night wasn't really helping her mood improve.

“Aaah! That right!” Tanjiro was about to turn, only for someone suddenly appear in front of them and grab Y/N, it was so quick it barely gave them time to process.

“AAAAAAAGH! ZENITSU?!” Tanjiro shrieked.

“L-L-LEMME OUTTA HEEEERE!” Zenitsu hugged Y/N, his weight making them both fall to the ground as he was still attached to her. “TANJIROO! Y/NNN! PLEASEEE!”

“Run? From what?” Tanjiro asked with a concerned expression, exasperatedly trying to pull him off Y/N.

“I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! I CAN'T! I-I-I MANAGED TO GET THIS FAR ALREADY! I HAD TO CRAWL OVER THE FENCE AND HIDE MYSELF LIKE A LIZARD! I CAN SEE MY CORPSE GETTING MANGLED!”

“It's okay Zenitsu, you don't need to train if you don't want too.” Y/N smiled gently at him.

“Y-Y/N!” He sniffed, touched.

“Just remember that each second you expend escaping, everybody else that is training properly is getting stronger while your chances of dying are rising.” Her gentle smile was still there, but her aura got darker.

“NOOOOOO! I'M SOOOORYYY-” As Zenitsu was crying, a hand suddenly grabbed his head, they all looked above to see a not very happy Sanemi glaring down at them.

“Choose. Go back to training, or I slaughter your ass.”

“GYAAAAAAAH! GIMME A BREAAAAK!!!” His cries only got louder.

“Calm down!” Tanjiro pleaded to no avail.

“GYAAAAAAAAAAAAH-”

“ZIP IT!” Sanemi karate chopped his neck and made him instantly pass out, walking off while coldly saying : “Carry him.”

“There you go, Tanjiro!” Y/N blankly threw the unconscious Zenitsu at the poor boy, she was just not in the mood to carry people.

“Ah, okay- There we go…” He carried him on his back, a look of sympathy on his face. 'Sorry Zenitsu, let's work hard together…'

She got up, dusting her [skirt/pants] as she and Tanjiro started to follow Sanemi.

“Thank you for guidance, I'll be training with you starting today! I'll be in your care!” Tanjiro politely exclaimed behind the hashira.

'Nobody left. Everything is fine.'

With this in mind, Y/N smiled like she always did, like yesterday wasn't real. “I'm really looking forward to training too!”