Fail

TW : Blood, some descriptive scenes(?)

◇♡◇♡◇

Tanjiro was holding Y/N sliced body like his life depended on it. She was still conscious, she still has a chance to survive!

Nezuko cried at her side, some of her tears splashing at her pained face.

"The bond that you three share gave me chills, I don't have words to describe how moved I was. And yet, your only fate is to die here. It would be sad if that came to pass, right?"

Tanjiro was hiding behind a tree, holding Y/N and his sister.

"But there's an option left for you. A single option that lets you escape that outcome. That sister and friend of yours...let me have them. If you hand them over without struggle. I will at least spare your life."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"From today onwards, that little sister of yours shall become my little sister, and that friends of yours shall become my older sister."

"You didn't think I would actually agree to that, right?! Y/N and Nezuko aren't some kind of items you can freely trade around! They're living beings with their own will, they will never become your sisters!"

"It's fine. You don't need to worry. I'll forge a bond between us. I'm stronger than them. I will forge a bond with terror. I'll teach them what happens if they defy me."

"I've had enough of this crazy chat! Using terror to shackle someone hand and foot is not what a true family bond is like! You will never get your desire if you don't fix up this misunderstanding!"

"Yeah! What he said!" Y/N says for emotional support before vomiting a bunch of blood in a very anticlimactic way.

"Y/N!"

"You irritate me. Could you not raise your voice? We just can't see eye to eye, can we?"

Tanjiro then moves from behind the tree, getting face to face with Rui.

Y/N was left in Nezuko grasp, who didn't seen to have much reaction to her blood.

"I will never hand Nezuko or Y/N to the likes of you!"

"That's fine, I suppose, I'll just kill you then."

"Not if I take your head first!"

"That's the spirit! I would like to see you try! Let's see if you can even lay a scratch in a blood moon!"

Tanjiro just stays there, glaring at him.

"I don't like that glare in your eyes. You fool, you really think you can defeat me?"

He says, before raising his arm, making multiple threads grab Y/N and Nezuko and taking them to him.

"Y/N! Nezuko!"

"Alright, they're in my custody now. Have you finally realized what your role is?"

"Let them go!"

"Had you only done as you were told. I would have spared your life."

Tanjiro runs to him, he throws his threads in Tanjiro direction, he managed to dodge it, only to look up to Rui and see that the girls are gone.

Blood spills in his sword, he looks above and see both of them hanged upside down by the threads.

"Y/N! Nezuko!"

"Cease that hollering. She's a demon. A scratch like that won't kill her. But it looks like I'll have to teach her a lesson after all. I'm going to let her bleed for a while. If she still doesn't learn to be docile, I'll just leave her to hang like that until daybreak and roast her a bit."

"Let them....let Y/N and Nezuko go!"

It hurts. I hate pain. That's what Y/N thought while she hanged above the ground with Rui threads.

Her hand helplessly started to reach out to Tanjiro.

There's no point, Y/N. You can't reach him from this distance.

"If you aren't going to listen. Then I might as well kill the human girl as an example."

"NO!"

The threads started to tighten their grip around her body.

CRACK

Y/N bones were all broken instantly, gruesome screams of pain echoed.

Tanjiro didn't know what was the most traumatizing about this scene.

The fact that her blood spilled everywhere? Even some droplets ended up in his face.

The fact that most of her bones were visible now as her body was bent in a traumatizing way?

Or the fact that her blood was falling from her body like a waterfall, making a puddle in the ground?

Rui then removes the threads from the girl, her limp body falling to the floor and hitting hard the ground, making a terrible "splash" sound as she fell in the puddle of her own blood.

My vision is turning black...

No. I can't sleep now! I still need to do something!

Inosuke is probably still fighting with the spider dad now! He's probably feeling hopeless! I need to him that it's not his fault, and that he is strong!

And Zenitsu! He must already have been hit by the poison! He must be lonely in the ceiling of that house, I can't leave him alone! He must be so scared!

Nezuko is still being held hostage! Tanjiro must be feeling like all of this is his fault!

I don't...have any strength anymore... I can't see anything.

But...they...still....need....help....

̴̣̜́̏Ḯ̷͎̲̘̱͙̦̬̇̆́͗͐̊ͅ ̵̭͓̼͚͙̱̰̦̍̓̀̎͆́͝f̷͓͙̳̐̌͑̿͝a̷̧̝̞̻̙̓̌̿͆͒̚͜͜į̸̺̘̤̾͂̔̉̓l̶̻͈̻̠̒̔̇͐̇͒ẽ̶̤͎͖͔͉̾̂̒̀̽͛d̶̛̜ ̷̱̳̠͍̗̞͍̤͆̋͗̓͒͠͝a̴̢̩̟͛̊͋̚g̴̪̿̀̇̑͐̌͝ă̶̧͇̗̪͍̬i̶̺̿̽̊̌̾̈n̴̛̟̫̫̟̦̦͎̙̈́͠...̵̛͈͓̜̀̔̉̆͒͋͘

Her last effort was for nothing, as the hand that was trying to reach Tanjiro fell limp in the floor

Y/N is... dead..?