Cute

“hehehe- hot springs- I'm so glad I got to come-” Y/N was almost melting inside the water

Mitsuri smiled gently at her, but her smile dropped as she squinted her eyes to see the mark in her neck more clearly.

She silently swam up to Y/N from behind, poking the hickey with a curious expression.

“W-W-W-WHAT???!!” Y/N jolted with the poke, shying away from Mitsuri so quickly that water splashed everywhere.

“Hey, what's that thing?” Mitsuri asked, tilting her head while pointing to Y/N's neck.

“I-It's nothing- Just a bug bite, yeah! An ugly and very gross bug bit me!” Y/N internally apologized to Akaza for that.

In response, the love hashira stared with a serious expression at her, before suddenly puffing her cheeks in frustration. “You're so mean, Y/N!”

She swam even closer to her, Y/N shaking her head quicker the closer she got. “I let you leave my sight for some weeks, and you already go have fun with someone else!”

“H-have fun??” She gulped. “I don't know what you're thinking, but you're wrong-” Y/N quickly tried to get rid of any misunderstandings.

Mitsuri hugged her when she got close enough, as soon as she wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck, the calmness she got from the hot water was completely throw out of the window.

“Haaah-” She sighed, resting her cheek on top of Y/N's head. “Hey, Y/N, what should I do for you to look only at me?”

'Ether, I'm so sorry-' Y/N thought while trying not to cry, her heart was beating so loudly that she was afraid Mitsuri could hear it.

“Huh? Why aren't you saying anything?” Mitsuri frowned, confusedly letting go of the flustered girl to take a better look at her face.

In response, Y/N slowly reached out to touch her nose. “Phew, it's not bleeding-” she whispered to herself.

“Ugh- You're so cute, I really can't stay mad at you!!” Mitsuri squealed and once again pounced at her. “WAIT! MY HEART IS NOT READY YET-”

.

.

.

“Wow! Is dinner almost ready?!” Mitsuri asked as soon as they both entered the house, Tanjiro was already waiting there.

“Yeah! They said they were going to bring it!” Tanjiro gently responded while nodding.

“Oh! I'm going to help! You can sit down Y/N!” Mitsuri said to her before running off, mind filled with food.

In response, Y/N walked over to the table with a dazed expression, silently sitting beside Tanjiro.

“Tanjiro.”