Clones

What was shocking was its skill at remaining hidden

What was shocking was its skill at remaining hidden. Tanjiro and even Tokito didn't know it was a demon until they saw it.

Perhaps they held back because they didn't see a number in its eyes, but there was no doubt it was an upper-rank demon.

In less than the time it takes to blink, Tokito and Tanjiro both assumed battle stances, and Y/N….

'Shit- I forgot where I put my sword!'  Was exasperatedly running side to side in the room while looking for her weapon.

Mist breathing, fourth form : shifting flow slash.

Muichiro quickly attacked the demon, he jumped and latched himself onto the ceiling like a spider in response, dodging the attack while letting out a frightened shriek : “AAAIIIIIEEEEE!!”

'It's fast! I didn't kill it!' Muichiro exasperatedly looked up.

“Stop! Don't be so mean to me!” He touched the slash across his face. “It hurrrts…!”

'I can't hesitate! It's a demon that killed many people! Otherwise, it couldn't dodge a hashira's attack!' Tanjiro unsheathed the new katana Haganezuka gave to him, preparing to attack :

Hinokami Kagura : Sunflower thrust!

He stabbed the ceiling in the spot the demon was, it quickly jumped down, still crying loudly : “AAAIIIEEE!”

'Did I hit it?! Why doesn't it strike back?!'

Nezuko took her demon form and rapidly ran to it, harshly kicking his stomach and throwing him all the way over to the other side of the room, his back hitting against the wall. “Nezuko! Don't take that form!”

Muichiro didn't waste time and immediately took a swipe at the demon's neck, cutting his head. “AAAIIIEEE! YOU CUT ME!!”

'He… He cut off his head! That was fast! But…!'

There are cases where an upper moon doesn't die even if its head is cut off, it's a special condition… just like Daki and Gyutaro…!

With this in mind, Tanjiro immediately exclaimed : “Tokito! Don't let your guard down!”

Just as he said that, Muichiro exasperatedly look at the demon's decapitated head, who bounced on the floor and quickly started to grow a new body, while his headless body also grew a new head.

'It split! One grew a head and the other grew a body!'

“I'll take the one in the back!” Tanjiro ran to it, while Muichiro tried to attack the other.

The new demon suddenly revealed a big leaf on his hand just as Muichiro was about to attack it.

“Ah! I found it!” Y/N stood up from the floor, her sword finally in hands as her eyes sparkled in happiness.