Ribbon

In the next day, Tanjiro and Y/N set off to the forest right in the early morning, both determined to look for Haganekuza

“I wonder what weapon Kanroji was talking about! Maybe a sword? Maybe it's buried or something! This is exciting! It's like we are on a treasure hunt, right, Y/N?” Tanjiro said, turning to Y/N with a bright smile.

She quickly nodded, sparkles in her eyes : “Right? So exciting!”

Y/N was actually more excited to meet Muichiro, there's no point in getting excited over the 'treasure hunt' when she already knows what the treasure is.

“This is a really great place, but the hot spring smell is strong.” Tanjiro rubbed his nose with a distressed expression. “Hmm… and not being completely healthy is hampering my nose, I can't really smell anything besides hot water now-”

“Is that so? Well, try to see it in a positive light! Isn't it tiring to be able to smell every small thing in a 5-mile radius?” Y/N said, smiling brightly while trying to cheer him up.

“T-that's right, but…”

“But?”

He averted his gaze from her, mumbling with a pout : “But I like your smell though-”

Y/N froze with this statement, hugging herself with a scared expression : “Tanjiro, when did you turn into a pervert?”

“Ah! I didn't mean it like this!” He exasperatedly tried to explain himself, though Y/N was still staring at him in total disbelief.

“I-It's true! I meant that I like it in a comforting way-” Her expression only got worse. “Please stop looking at me like I'm Zenitsu!!”

“Oh! That makes me remember!” Her expression quickly went back to normal. “What do I smell like? I was always curious about this!”

“Huh?” He got momentarily confused at her sudden mood change, but cleaned his throat and responded : “Let me see…. uh- Kinda like apples! Specifically the green ones!”

“Apples...? Wow, that's very- Uh-….unexpected?”

“I like it.” Tanjiro said, his lips curving into a gentle smile.

“Huh?”

“I like it. Apples, I mean.”

'Now talk about a killer smile-' Y/N thought, staring at his smiling face in utter surprise, she had to catch her breath for a second.

“Y/N?” His smile strained after noticing she wasn't responding.

“Ugh- I think I fell in love with you just now-” She jokingly said, dramatically clutching to her shirt like her heart was in pain.

“You! Really-” His face exploded in red for a second, before he looked down with a dejected expression : 'You really shouldn't say these types of things when you don't mean it… it makes me get my hopes high…'