the real me

I silently closed the book, flipping it back to see if there was a name in it or anything that might let me identify the owner

“Akiho”

Akiho, huh? 

….you're wrong. We are not similar at all Akiho, you are an incredible nice person, even the way you write is sweet, but I in the other side… I am an extremely selfish person.

The fact that even though I just read about my inevitable death, but the only thing I'm scared of is dying before saving everyone proves that.

I'm sorry. Even though you probably wrote this with the best intentions in mind, I don't think I can live.

I can never live for myself.

Never.

I silently walked to the room, entering to see Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke talking, or better, screaming like always.

They look…so peaceful.

….

"Y/N, are you okay? You look so pale…." Tanjiro says to me with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine."

"But-"

"I'm going to sleep a bit, I really am fine."

I try to walk to my bed, but he grabs my wrist, I jump in surprise with his action.

"Please, tell me what's going on! I'm really worried about you! I've been worrying about you ever since what happened in the train, I understand that we don't know each other long enough for you to trust me, but I really want to help!''

"What do you mean?! Of course, I trust you! I trust you more than I trust myself!"

"So why?! Why don't you talk to me?!"

He let go of my wrist to grab my shoulders instead, I couldn't say anything, I was too shocked by his behavior, he never acted so aggressive with me before.

I put my hand in my shoulder, digging my nails into my skin in frustration.

"Even if I tell you…there's nothing you can do about it."

"What about you? Judging by how you smell, seems like there's also nothing you can do about it!"

"Yeah! You are right! So, what about it?! I don't wanna talk about it! What's wrong with avoiding what you don't like?!"

"Uhh….guys, please don't fight-" Zenitsu tries to step in, but he's interrupted by Tanjiro.

"You are really kind, so I understand that you don't to trouble the people close to you but-"

What he said frustrated me even more, so much that I ended pushing him away from me.

"No! You don't understand at all! I'm a terrible person! I don't like anything about me! Every time someone says that I'm kind, or that I am nice, I just feel worse because I'm not like that at all! I'm terribly selfish!"