Acorn

Hi! Author here!

Hi! Author here!

I'm back! Well- maybe it's a bit awkward to say "I'm back" since my last update was only nine days ago but- Anyway, I really missed you guys!

I don't know how to feel about this chapter, but I hope you guys like it anyway!

Hope you have a good day/night!

       •────────✦❅✦────────•

“Y-Yuki?” Ichika called out in a weak voice, unsure of what to do.

Y/N quickly ran up to the girl, taking a handkerchief from her pocket and pressing it against her mouth. “Cough in this, and keep your head low!”

“cof- cof-” She did what she was told, the white cloth quickly starting to change to red.

What are you supposed to do when someone is dying in front of your eyes?

you can't cry. you can't panic.

Because if you fail in saving them, you will have to think about it for the rest of your life.

Y/N already learned that.

She can't even count how many times she saw this exact scene, and even so…

She doesn't know what to do.

Why?

It doesn't matter how many lives she goes through, she always doesn't know what to do when it matters the most.

If only she was better…. if only she-

“Y/N!”

She snapped out of her thoughts, looking down at Ichika crying while hugging her leg.

“Yuki! Will she be fine?”

“I- I-”

'I don't know.

I don't know what to respond.

I'm sorry.'

“Y/N! Focus!” Kyojuro's voice made her, once again, snap out of her thoughts.

'Right! This isn't the time to be dramatic!' Y/N shook her head, picking up Yuki's weak body in her arms. “Shinobu! We have to take her to Shinobu!”

And they did that, they took her to Shinobu.

Y/N never stopped to think about it before, but she never went to the place where the sick were staying.

It's horrible.

There's barely space for all of them, some are lucky enough to be laying on a bed, but most are on the floor.

The smell of blood. The smell of death.

Right, she should have expected that it was going to be like that. She should have known that a poor village like this wouldn't be able to give all the infected a proper place to stay.