Butterflies

We were eating breakfast now, I mean, the guys were eating breakfast, and I was eating my flavorless soup like always

We were eating breakfast now, I mean, the guys were eating breakfast, and I was eating my flavorless soup like always. This really suck, I can't wait to be able to eat real food again.

What happened yesterday…it still doesn't feel real to me. Did Tanjiro really kissed me? Wasn't I dreaming or something?

I side eyed him, who was already looking at me, he got flustered with the sudden eye contact and choked on his food, coughing loudly.

He didn't have time to recuperate because Zenitsu suddenly slammed the desk with a very scary aura.

"Tanjiro, you did what?"

"Huh?"

"I CAN HEAR IT! YOUR THOUGHTS! HOW DARE YOU KISS Y/N!"

"HAAAH? TONTAROU KISSED UNDERLING?!" Inosuke exclaims.

"Tanjiro. Come here." Zenitsu says with a serious expression, grabbing his collar and silently dragging him outside the room, while he had this 'I accept my fate' look.

I try to get up to follow them, but Zenitsu interrupts me.

"There's no need to follow us, Y/N-chan! You can finish your breakfast!" He says to me with a smile, before him and Inosuke go outside with Tanjiro still being dragged by the collar.

What's with this déjà vu feeling?

I feel like I will probably see something I wish I don't if I follow them, so I just went back to eating.

However, after, I don't know, 2 minutes? Loud sounds started to come from the corridor.

Ok, maybe I do should check on them.

I thought as I leave the room following the sound, after some walking, I find Naho, Kiyo and Sumi in the corridor, standing beside a room with a closed door.

"Girls! Do you guys know where Tanjiro is?"

"He is in a trial!" Naho says with a smile, raising her arms in the air like she's commemorating something.

"In a trial!"

"Yay!" 

The other two complete her statement, also putting their arms in the air.

Why do they sound so happy about it? I don't think they had anything against Tanjiro before?

I turn to the door, slowly opening it to find….

'Wha- what's all this?'

Tanjiro was sitting in the floor with a rope tying his arms together.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU BROKE THE FIRST NO SPOKEN RULE OF THE Y/N FANCLUB! NO MOVES ON HER!"

'F-fanclub?!'

"YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ONLY STAND AROUND HER, BASKING IN HER HEAVENLY PRESENCE AND LOOKING AT HER ANGELIC FEATURES! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAINT HER PURE BODY WITH YOUR BOY HORMONES!"

'What the fuck-'

'BUT YOU GOT CLOSE TO HER- SEEING HER ADORABLE (E/C) COLORED EYES AS HUMANLY CLOSELY POSSIBLE AND FELT HER CUTE LIPS, YOU EVEN BASKED IN HER SWEET SMELL AND I BET YOU LIKED IT BECAUSE OF YOUR DAMN NOSE! YOU SHOULD BE PURGED! A CRIME LIKE THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE! DO YOU HAVE ANY LAST WORDS?!"

In response, Tanjiro smiled gently before saying: "I would do it again."

"DAMN YOOOOOU-''

I closed the door.

….

'What did I just see? What did I just hear?!'

I'll pretend that I didn't see anything. Yeah, that's what I will do.

I go back to our room, silently eating my soup as I wait for them to….finish.

"Hmm…" Shinobu hums as she finished checking up my injuries.

"Yep. Seems like you are already healed. Of course, it will take a while for you to recover your total strength, but you are healthy now."

"Really? I'm finally getting rid of that soup?!"

"Pfft- food is your first worry?"

"Of course it is!….OH! Shino-chan~"

"Oh no-"

"Didn't you promise you would take me out to eat when I recovered? Huuh?"

"I…suppose I did."

"Ehehe."

She sighs, murmuring in an almost inaudible way, but still enough for Y/N to hear. "There goes my payment…."

"Yay! I love you Shino!" Y/N says, hugging the woman, who just weakly patted her back in response.

She was not used to so much physical contact ever since….ever since Kanae was alive….

After she decided to imitate her sister personality and keep her smile all the time, people got too intimidated to be around her.

Of course, it's not like she was begging for attention anyway, but, now that someone DOES show such affection to her, she realized how much she missed feeling this way.

As the days passed, it was getting harder and harder to keep her facade around Y/N, she found herself constantly breaking character when with her and sometimes even letting out a real laugh at her antics, which she always pointed it out with a silly smile that made her feel...weird.

She couldn't exactly pinpoint what this feeling in her chest is, it's different from when Kanae was still alive.

Is this what having butterflies in your stomach means?

"Shino? Shino? Are you okay? You suddenly froze! You don't like hugs?" Y/N comments, still hanging on her neck.

"No… I was thinking about which restaurant I should take you!"

"Ooooh! I want to try takoyaki! Oh! And yakisoba-"

Shinobu just looked with a smile at the girl rambling about different types of foods she wanted to eat.

Though she still couldn't understand what she felt for the girl, I suppose that she will just have to keep Y/N around her until she discover what is it.