Chapter 2: Grace

After watching 2 horror movies, "Saw" and "The Gallows" we were a little bored and decided to chat for a bit before we watched a chick flick, we decided to give a chance called "The Other Woman." Taylor looked at me like she was putting a puzzle together. "Look I don't want to spoil the vibe but we did you say yes to my offer of going to rehearsals and think about being a stripper after I mentioned Mateo is kind of a dick?" I was munching on popcorn still had my mouth full when I said. "You said he was mostly hands off so, why not?"

"Well, I guess I can't argue with that." She said smirking a little as she had another bite of her ice cream. We fixed some sandwiches during the second movie and called that supper. "I thought you said you were insecure as well?" she questioned.

"Well, it's a job and I need to get out too, and it won't be just much me on the stage so it's not like the attention is going to be on me. Except for the private dance with the owners." I pointed out. "Ready for this movie?"

"Yeah, start her up." Taylor said laying back down with our heads in the corner of the sectional our legs on the other cushions.

After watching that movie, an actual good movie at that, I was tired it was now around 11:30 at night. I turned around now standing at the entrance to the hall that leads to both of our bedrooms. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I waved and turned back around to start walking.

"Hey, Grace." I turned around to look at Taylor. "Do you want to go to the club tomorrow night? Don't worry I'll put a chair in the front and reserve it for you in the seating area that is normally reserved for the newbies, its off to the side in the dark where the newbies watch our routine, its very close to back stage." Taylor assured me, rambling like she was afraid I was going to say no.

"Yeah, sure." I answered simply, and turned back around and started walking to my room. "Goodnight," Taylor said I waved behind me as I was getting really drowsy all of a sudden. I don't remember anything after I changed into my pajamas and got into bed that night. I guess I really was tired.

The next morning, I woke up around 10:30 a normal for me as I sleep later than most people when I don't work. I just got my usual cup of coffee, and was turning around, "TAYLOR!!!" I almost dropped my cup of coffee after seeing Taylor was standing right behind me.

She had a big grin on her face and looked off to the side, "Sorry," She giggled and stepped off to the side to let me passed her. "I was just wanting some coffee, are the horror movies getting to you or something?" She was trying so hard not to laugh it looked like she was trying so hard not to shit herself.

"Oh, you know they don't, I didn't even hear for Christ's sake. How did you even manage that?" I explained myself walking to the couch, because I normally don't eat much but a Little Debbie for breakfast.

"I don't know, honestly, listen Jordan normally get to the club before me and the other girls, so I asked her to save you a seat and she is so excited for you to come." She stated with a grin on her face like she was planning something.

"Uh oh," I said sarcastically shaking my head from side to side. "Please just tell me what you are going to do already." I rolled my eyes and stared into the depths of my coffee mug hoping it was nothing to bad.

"You'll find out." She giggled and wandered off to her room, dancing like she was really excited for whatever it was.

I didn't see her until later that day around 2. On days when she has to work, she normally goes to her room where she had a stripper pole installed and dances. Dancing really is her passion and it makes her happy and it's all she does in her spare time. I had already got dressed I had on a simple hoodie and leggings, I didn't want to draw that much attention, I'm sure Taylor understood where I was going with this look when she first looked at me as she came into view and simply nodded. She had on her normal hoodie and leggings as well, as the club has rooms for the strippers to get changed and store their clothes.

"Ok, not saying I like that wardrobe choice seeing as we are going to a club, but I can respect it because of what we are doing tonight." She grabbed her drawstring Nike backpack and draped it over her shoulder, and nodded her head backwards toward the door. "You coming?"

"I guess so." I said very nervously fiddling with my hands, and walking very slowly behind her "Here goes."

We got into our car, we shared one since, we lived together and figured it was cheaper. I only worked Monday-Friday working for Montana, so I rode on the bus that dropped off a block away from the office. I let Taylor keep the car for her to go to rehearsals and stuff because I didn't want anything to happen to her with the kind of job she has, she assured me it was okay but I still insisted until she said she would take the car.

"By the way, I should let you know, there is a balcony up top for VIPs and Mateo and Nate sit up top and watch us every weekend, to examine our routines. Yes, there is private areas up there for VIPs to have private shows but they still like to know how we do." Taylor said keeping her gaze on the road. "Sometimes after our routines they come downstairs into our team room and tell us if they would like us to switch out an old routine or if the VIPs would like to see us revive an old one, things like that. Just don't be too scared but I am going to grab you after each routine since you are basically going to be sitting beside the door that way you can hang with us in between each routine."

"Okay fine by me." My stomach was in knots I was so freaking nervous and I wasn't even going there to perform. "Do you get nervous a lot?" I asked her looking to her reaction to my question.

"Now do you think I would be doing this for a living if I get nervous that much?" She looked over at me with her eyebrow arched a smirk on her face. She sighed and turned her attention back at the road. "I used to at first, I wanted to dance all my life, so yeah, when I got it, I was nervous. After a couple months, I felt comfortable enough I wasn't scared and didn't get nervous anymore."

"Oh okay." I said looking back out the passenger window. I guess if I went through with this, I would get over fairly quickly, I have been wanting to do this for a while, I guess if I was comfortable enough with the girls I'll be dancing with it would be fine and I wouldn't care about the people watching.

We got to the club about 10 minutes later, it was now 3:15 people normally didn't start showing up until 5 the club opens at 4:30. We got out of the car and I was looking down at my feet and was fiddling with my hands, when Taylor joined my side and grabbed my arm. "You'll be okay. Damn babe I'm performing not you." I looked up and she smirked at me. "Come on," she let go of my arm and was walking slightly in front of me. I looked across the parking lot and saw a man leaning against a car, looked like a black Lambo, and another guy was on the driver side leaning look at... me.

There is a guy standing against a Mustang looking at me. Taylor looked up and I guess she saw he was looking at me because she quickly joined me and wrapped her arm around. "That's Mateo," she said when she leaned down to my ear. This guy, he had the most piercing eyes, his hair was combed over his head shave on the sides. he kept staring at me with this disgusted angry look on his face. The man on the other side of the car looked over at him as I looked away. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to dress differently? I put my hair in a ponytail before we left and I was only wearing a hoodie and leggings. Shivers went up my spine and I started to panic internally, of course, until Taylor spoke.

"You're fine, he just a douche," she stopped walking in front of me and looked down at me. I looked at her with a surprised face, surprised she knew what I was thinking. "Come on, I know you, I can tell when you're panicking, you're fine. Bitch come on, we grew up together get that look off you face, get your big girl panties on and remember I'm dancing not you." She smiled and did a little twirl, which in turn made me giggle. I held up my hands in sign of surrender.

"Alright, alright, I'm fine. Go in, I'm behind you." We turned and walked into the club.