Chapter 16: Grace

Taylor and I just got home about an hour ago, making it about 3 in the morning. I sat down on the sectional, when I told her about Nate and Mateo, we agreed we would talk.

"By the way, I should tell you I told Jordan about them." She said plopping down beside me. I was surprised she already told one of them.

"Jordan has a husband, right?" I asked, curious as to how I should brace for this. Taylor reached over and slapped my leg. "OW!" I said rubbing my thigh.

"Don't change the subject! She was fine with it, and yes she has a husband." Taylor said leaning back, crossing her arms. "How in the hell did you get TWO guys anyway. That's not fair by the way." She said exaggerating her anger, mocking a child. I laughed.

"I don't know!" I said sighing rubbing a hand over my face. "One minute, I was all by my lonesome next, there he was, both in the bathroom and in the sitting room tonight." I finished.

"You know, you could have told me about that by the way. Especially if you were uncomfortable with it." She said scooting closer to me, throwing a blanket over our laps.

"I know but I thought considering the fact I liked it there was no need, you know!" I said teasingly.

"By the way did you know Chelsea is a lesbian? Did you ever get those vibes?" She asked grabbing the remote. My jaw dropped in shock.

"I didn't know that! Wow my radar, it must be busted." I answered her. "Can we finish watching our tv show?" I asked, we started a supernatural tv show about a week ago.

"Sure. We might fall asleep though." She turned it on and took down the body pillow from the back of the couch, scooting our huge ottoman to where, it was a big bed. Soon we fell asleep.

I woke up, looking at my phone to see it was 2 o'clock, that was normal for me on some days when I was exhausted. I changed clothes, into some lounge clothes, and went to my room.

On my days off sometimes I would start writing, it was a small hobby of mine, I never did anything with my work. In my opinion, my writing was just therapeutic for me, I didn't think it would turn into anything and so far, it hasn't but I wouldn't be opposed to making it a career. I started writing my thoughts blurring across my word doc on my computer.

After a while I decided to see if my teachers had posted any work early. My teachers usually posted our assignment on Mondays, but sometimes they did it early. I found that they did and began working on it.

"Hey! You're still up?" Taylor said walking into my room I looked at my clocked to see that it was 1:45 in the morning. Wow I really got caught up in my work.

"Yeah, I guess so. Aren't you home early?" I asked her.

"Yeah, they let me go a little early, I think I pulled a muscle in one of last acts, we had to finished in the splits, which is something we haven't done in a long time." She said belly flopping on my bed.

"What do you mean a long time? The revived an act why?" I asked, if this was something I needed to worry about for Saturday I needed to know.

"Yeah, there is a big investor, he was in town, he and Mateo he a feud going on. See, there was 3 owners until something bad happened between Mateo and this guy, Nick, he was the other owner." She said picking up my scratch work off the bed looking at it confused. "What the fuck is this? Am I reading this the right way?" she said turning the page upside down.

"It's math, and I am just as confused as you are, and yes, it is upside down." I said snatching the paper from her, and putting it in my binder shutting it and walking it to my dresser. "Do I need to be worried about this guy?" I asked turning around hand on my hip.

"Nah, you shouldn't be, tonight was just about Mateo impressing him was all. Even if you are his girl, I don't think he would do anything." She said getting up off my bed to grab my shoulders. "Be calm, hold your own, just like you did with your old boss, okay? He's not any worse or better." She turned towards the door.

"Okay I guess." I said walking to my closet to change into my tank and shorts for bed. "Goodnight!" I yelled.

"Goodnight!" she yelled back.

I laid down in bed, wondering what this guy could possibly be like if he was on Mateo's bad side. I knew what Taylor said but, should I be worried?